• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

2nd incoming call fails-"Line is Busy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zooeyhall

Reaction score
We have a small office that is using 3cx Mini edition, version 10. All calls are handled by 3 analog phone lines and a Grandstream gateway. The 3 analog lines are in a rollover group serviced by the phone company

Incoming calls on all 3 PSTN lines are sent to a 3CX Ring Group where it rings all extensions for 15 seconds before sending the call to an extension voicemail.

Three ports for the gateway are configured in 3cx: LN10031, 32, and 33

Have been running into a situation as follows: When one call is in progress at the location, and LN10031 is in use, and a 2nd call comes in; the 2nd caller only gets ringing with no answer. The call also does not get forwarded to voicemail after 15 seconds. The 2nd call is being handled by port LN10032

The following is entered in the Server Activity Log:

Call(140): Rejected! Line is 'Busy' because number of simultaneous calls per line <callerID>@(Ln.10032@Grandstream) is limited by Administrator

There is also this in the Server Event log:

Device <callerID>@(Ln.10032@Grandstream) had no available outgoing trunk(s) for Call(140)

After this happened again this morning, I did a test where I called the location from my desk phone. While that call was in progress, I called from my cell phone. Both calls were handled ok.

It appears the 2nd call is being rejected by 3cx. Or is this something with the Grandstream gateway?

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on? I appreciate any help very much!

Re: 2nd incoming call fails!

I will point you to my post 2nd call not picking up/calls out with wrong CID

What I have found is that Grand Stream wants you to prefix the number that you dial with 99 and 1 or 2 or 3 (991 for ch1 992 for ch2 993 for ch3….& so on) even though round robin is setup. I have 8 lines on a GXW4198 so this work around does not work completely for me now but for you with only 3 lines I see it as a grate option.

Most important thing that I have seen is you must do all this with the wizard, do not just add or (edit the rule) in the rule for outbound calls in the prepend box you will put 991,992,993 to routs 1,2,3. Just remember do not edit, make sure to create a new gateway and outbound rule.

So do this
Delete your rule and your gateway. Then add new gateway with the wizard. Add all 3 lines to your gateway then in the rule select that gateway for all 3 routs set strip to 0 on all three then on route 1 set prepend box to 991 and so on for routs 2 (992) and 3 (993).

One thing I would want you to check is make sure that when you call out of say line 1 that you get line 1 CID on the receiving phone. This has been my trouble. I have 2 lines and if 3cx shows it dialing out on ch1 the receiving phone get ch2 CID. Then I can not call in on ch2 the calling phone just rings and I never here it internally.

RLester said:
Call(140): Rejected! Line is 'Busy' because number of simultaneous calls per line <callerID>@(Ln.10032@Grandstream) is limited by Administrator

This log is usually the result of a limit placed by you, in the trunk settings, on the number of simultaneous calls used by a trunk group. Many times it will show up if there is already one incoming call on a single PSTN trunk, and 3CX is trying to forward the caller back out on the same (single) trunk.

Continue from what Leejor has stated, you can extend the number of simultaneous calls that your trunk can handle. From your 3CX Phone System Management Console, go to PSTN Devices. Then at the right you can click on the General tab. here you will find a field called Maximum Simultaneous Calls. The GXW that you are using is an 8 port, so you can put 8 as the maximum.

Please correct me if I am wrong!! I'm just trying to understand this myself. This simultaneous calls box is it or is it not for each line that is configured on the gateway.

Logicically, that setting should affect one trunk group, and if you had one port (line)in each group, then you should not require a setting greater than 1. However, some things don't always work the way we would expect them to. If things work for you with a setting greater than 1, then that's the way to go. You would have to delve into the internal workings of the gateway, the SIP messages passed back and forth, and the interaction between 3CX and the Gateway, for more of an explanation. Sometimes it just takes a lot less energy to accept that it does what you want it to, if that is currently the case.

Leejor

I did not post what you quoted me to say!!

Why would you do that?

I didn't put your name in there, I have no idea where that came from. I did a highlight and "quote" from the previous post. I didn't even look at what name it had attached. Sorry.

Logically that setting is per each line. Because I can see it in each line settings.

I will admit that when you set it to lest say 8 that in my case I could then receive calls on the second line.

I think that all the philosophical talk is crap; if you had not worked with one of the GXW410X then you do not know what you’re talking about. You may know VoIP or SIP or what ever but you do not know this gateway and 3CX. This is all a cover up of a problem with 3CX and the gateway. It not the user!!!!

I HAVE TESTED THAT YOU CAN SET UP JUST ONE LINE IN 3CX (10000) WITH 8 CALLS AND IT WILL WORK, IF YOU DO NOT CARE WHAT LINE YOU DIAL OUT ON. 3CX VIRTUALIZES THIS 1 LINE.

even more on my Patten I see 3CX always wanting to go to the last line configured in the gateway (this must be what it was doing with the GXW410X but it would not let me dial back in on a default config) The Patton even I see bad in logs it does just work!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.