• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

2NIC Cards with same subnet - ACK problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnkey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm having some major issues for the last few days on my customers 3CX system.

Originally I had the license bug, which I was told to upgrade to the latest version, which resolve that, but I'm now getting calls drop every 30 seconds, to an issue with my firewall.

I have spoken to the Router/Firewall tech support (Zyxel) and they have confirmed SIP ALG is disabled and that the firewall is now 100% open, however, 3CX is still throwing up the ACK error.

I have now been told to re-enable STUN, which I have done. I've tried again, run a wireshark capture, to no avail. I am now awaiting 3CX tech support response.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I can't resell 3CX if it's going to have a serious problem like this, my customer has had no phone system now since Thursday, that's 6 days!

The call quality is fine, no issues there, but as soon as you hit 30 seconds, the call drops!

This has all come about due to them recommending I upgrade, due to the license issue. - So surely it's a 3CX issue?

Has anyone else had this?

Re: Major Bug with ACK

Could you please specify model and firmware version of Zyxel Router/firewall?

Thanks

Hi,

It's a Zyxel Prestige 792H

Ack is not received because you have an incorrect network topology.
Please adjust and let us know.

If your server has 2 interfaces, it does not make sense to configure both interfaces with IP address information on the same subnet.

This is an incompatible network topology - doesnt make much sense to do so either

What type of NIC do you have? Are they 2 separate cards? Are they teamed for failover? Are they 2 IP on the same subnet (if so that is a waste and looking for problems)?
If they are BONDED on a switch that support STP it could cause issues... pull one connection (disable 1 port on the server) and retry. Are you using VLANs?

Yes - from the support ticket I investigated, they are 2 ips on the same subnet. This is the cause of the problem.

No wonder...
If he still needs two IP addresses (perhaps he splits application specific traffic on the LAN) he could simply turn one off and add that IP to the active one. Still, that can cause issues but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.