Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3 CX APP 1.1.4 Register OK but cannot Call

Discussion in 'iOS' started by gigerlin, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigerlin

Dear 3CX,

I have been using 3CX for quite a while now, on Windows, iPhone and Android platforms without any difficulty. Today,I experienced a strange behavior with the iPhone (3GS and 4, both under iOS 5.1). I simply changed the settings of the local PBX IP from wetalk.translate.ch to wetalk-ilvt.com (both domains are bound to 46.137.20.38 which hosts the SIP server). Doing so, the 3CX app still registers to the SIP server, can receive calls, but when I dial any number and press the green button, the number I dialed disappears one second later and the SIP server receives no IP packets from the iPhone. If I revert the local PBX IP to wetalk.translate.ch, everything works smoothly. The domain wetalk-ilvt.com works fine with 3CX on Android and Windows.

Would you see any explanation to this behavior?

Kind regards,
    Gilles Gerlinger

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    From your description it sounds like a domain-name mismatch - such issue usually leads to a successful registration followed by a failed call.
    I don't used the wetalk provider, but I will try to explain:
    if they have as SIP domain sip.wetalk.com, and server at http://www.wetalk.com, then, in 3cxphone, you should set:
    external PBX: sip.wetalk.com
    proxy: http://www.wetalk.com
    You may try to use first 3CXPhone for windows to see what error (if any) you get, I expect an Forbidden. Please tell me how is going.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gigerlin

Thanks a lot Vali,

I am able now to make calls from the iPhone. I am not sure I understood why one have to indicate a proxy when the SIP server and the proxy have the same IP address... However, it works and this is what matters!

Kind regards,
    Gilles

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

to set the difference.
    Proxys are A records
    Registra is SRV and then A
    And also maybe the call needs to be "normalised" before getting to the "Registra"...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.