3 CX App No Connection over Wifi

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by James Brown, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Brown

Hi we have just installed V15.5 and have set up several users to use the 3cx APP on Android and IOS. This works fine when they are using 4G but on WiFI it Fails to Register "Provisioning Error Cannot contact provisioning server because of a network issue ok" any ideas?
    Thanks
    James

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @James Brown

Do you have the issue to all of your devices? I mean are all devices able to connect via 4G but not via wifi? Also, does this happen only from a specific wifi connection and if yes, is this wifi connection local to the PBX?

3. James Brown

Hi Marios, I have tried different Wifis and as soon as I switch to Wifi , it will attempt to register and then Registering fails and after several failed attempts it reports with "Provisioning Error Cannot contact provisioning server because of a network issue ok"

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In theory, using 4G or a non-local WiFi should behave in much the the same manner, unless, the WiFi is specifically blocking some ports. The difference will be that your mobile is assigned a public IP, with 4G, and WiFi will assign you a local IP. Check the 3CX Activity Logs right after a WiFi attempt, is that showing in the logs? Any error message?

Have you tried a registration on the local LAN WiFi?

5. Sopock

Sopock Member

I think we understand the problem. It seems that 3CXphone will try to use local IP, but it will fail to register when there is no 3CX server in new WiFi network?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The phone should switch to "roaming" mode if the local network cannot be used for a connection to the server. I suspect that something may have been datafilled incorrectly, when the PBX was first installed, that is being passed on to the phone, in the provisioning file.

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

They should test this simple scenario:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. sbowers

I have an idea of what the problem might be. Before I provide my idea, are your users connecting to the wifi in your office or a wifi signal at a different facility?

9. Sopock

Sopock Member

10. James Brown

Hi Marios, this has been resolved a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.