• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3 CX App No Connection over Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Brown

Reaction score
Hi we have just installed V15.5 and have set up several users to use the 3cx APP on Android and IOS. This works fine when they are using 4G but on WiFI it Fails to Register "Provisioning Error Cannot contact provisioning server because of a network issue ok" any ideas?
Thanks
James

Hello @James Brown

Do you have the issue to all of your devices? I mean are all devices able to connect via 4G but not via wifi? Also, does this happen only from a specific wifi connection and if yes, is this wifi connection local to the PBX?

Hello @James Brown

Do you have the issue to all of your devices? I mean are all devices able to connect via 4G but not via wifi? Also, does this happen only from a specific wifi connection and if yes, is this wifi connection local to the PBX?

Hi Marios, I have tried different Wifis and as soon as I switch to Wifi , it will attempt to register and then Registering fails and after several failed attempts it reports with "Provisioning Error Cannot contact provisioning server because of a network issue ok"

In theory, using 4G or a non-local WiFi should behave in much the the same manner, unless, the WiFi is specifically blocking some ports. The difference will be that your mobile is assigned a public IP, with 4G, and WiFi will assign you a local IP. Check the 3CX Activity Logs right after a WiFi attempt, is that showing in the logs? Any error message?

Have you tried a registration on the local LAN WiFi?

The difference will be that your mobile is assigned a public IP, with 4G, and WiFi will assign you a local IP.
I think we understand the problem. It seems that 3CXphone will try to use local IP, but it will fail to register when there is no 3CX server in new WiFi network?:confused:

The phone should switch to "roaming" mode if the local network cannot be used for a connection to the server. I suspect that something may have been datafilled incorrectly, when the PBX was first installed, that is being passed on to the phone, in the provisioning file.

They should test this simple scenario:
If two ranges are the same, the app is trying to register to 3CX System using the server's local ip and of course because in the roaming network there is no 3CX System server, after few seconds message "Not Registered" appears on the screen.

I have an idea of what the problem might be. Before I provide my idea, are your users connecting to the wifi in your office or a wifi signal at a different facility?

Hi Marios, I have tried different Wifis and as soon as I switch to Wifi , it will attempt to register and then Registering fails and after several failed attempts it reports with "Provisioning Error Cannot contact provisioning server because of a network issue ok"
Hi Marios, this has been resolved a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.