• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3 CX Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiramesh88

Reaction score
I have purchased a license for 16 Simultaneous calls
I m am being given just the License Number and there is no certificate of License carrying my name.
How am i supposed to learn the propreitership of the License !
Can you please let me know how would the license certificate of 3 cx look

Hi,

Your reseller should give you a document which says:

3CX Certificate of Ownership

This document certifies that the undersigned is the registered owner of the product:

License Key xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
Product 3CX Phone System - Professional Edition 16SC
Product Code 3CXPSPRO
Modules Enterprise Features Enabled
Upgrade Insurance Expires 1 year(s) from activation
Date of Issue 03 March 2012

I would contact the reseller and ask them for the PDF of the key they received when they purchased the key either from their distributor or 3CX directly.

This PDF does not have an owners name on it but should have the the key code they gave you.

The reseller who sold you the key also should have put in your information as the 3CX customer when they initially activated the key.

Ian

All you need is the license key. This is proof of your purchase and you should register it in your name after you install the software.

Is there ability to upgrade from 64 call to 128 call - or do I have to buy brand new license?

Depends on if you bought the Edition uograde insurance and have maintained it along with keeping the current 64 Edition up to date. Look here for the details:
https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/3cx-maintenance/

If it is brand new and never been used or registered, you might work with your partner to see if an arrangement can be made for an upgrade, but I don't speak for 3CX, who has the ultimate call on the matter. I merely make the suggestion in that it may be worth checking into to see what is possible, but for all intents and purposes, the link I posted earlier spells out the requirments.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah yes - I see now - looks like we should know before we buy what we need - because an upgrade it a little pricey.
thanks for the link.

If it's feasible, just buy another license. The "upgrade" price, from 16SC to 32SC is more expensive than buying another 16SC license and linking the two servers together.

I always try and ensure that my clients understand their options and I encourage them to think about buying one up from their needs if they have any inkling of growth. It is cheaper to buy upfront the future than to buy for today along with the edition upgrade insurance and then the upgrade itself. I don't think the pricing model is at all unfair as you have choices. Hopefully you were made aware, but it sounds otherwise. You might want to discuss with your partner, but I also know some who simply never considered the possibility and bought only what they needed then without thought to the future.

We haven't bought yet - want to know the options before we do.
64 seems like enough for 60 extensions... But with our current antiquated system we have no idea how many calls are happening at the same time...

so do I understand correctly I can buy a 64 and a smaller license and link them together?

Interesting question, but my guess is that you can buy which ever and however many you want as long as you are prepared to run them as separate instances. In other words, I do not know if you could buy a 64 call system and then buy a 32 call license and expect to now have a 96 call capable system. As far as I have seen, there is only one license key entry field available and as a result, I am inclined to think that you must purchase the one and only edition you think you will need. Further, a mix and match approach would also complicate the various support and upgrade options that 3CX has. As the efounco indicated, I guess you could buy the versions and then run them separately (and then maybe bridge the two), but this may be far more problematic than biting the bullet and buying the "overkill" single edition solution.

I see now he was saying linking 2 systems. That does seem like a nightmare to manage.
So now to figure out if 64 license will suffice.
Hmm...

so do I understand correctly I can buy a 64 and a smaller license and link them together?

No, you can't. You could only use them if you are installing multiple systems and even then they are not cumulative. I do not suggest considering multiple systems unless you have multiple locations.

Here is how I determined how how many call licenses to buy:
I have over 60 extensions. However, I only have a single pri for lines to the outside, so that plus some internal calls means that the 32 call licence is more than enough for me. How many external lines do you have? Can you do some similar math?

Didn't think license linking was possible.
Thanks all for the clarification

We have 66 internal extensions with a single PRI.
We plan on adding several phones at remote locations in the immediate area in the near future.

So I am guessing 64 will be plenty.

3 cx support Sanghoma

hi

I am using Sanghoma card to connect my PRI input to the PC. Have been facing a lot of issues with the card, hardware and the drivers. 3 cx recommends it but I find that Bero and Patten are marked as "Preferred". can anyone help me in figuring out how bero and patten are superior and why does sanghoma fail this often

You want to start a new thread...

ya i wanna start a new thread regarding configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.