3 digit extension / 2 digits available?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

I am considering changing my current setup that uses 2-digit extensions to one that uses 3 digits for each extension. If I do that, will my existing 2-digit extension numbers be available yet? Or must every extension number use 3 digits after the switch?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do not think it is that easy to just change from 2 to 3.

I think I would want to talk to 3cx support about my options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can't have a mix of extensions with different length numbers. From what I recall seeing in the forums previously, making a change is/was not a simple process. That may have changed with later versions. I'm sure someone that has gone through this will post some experiences.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It's a re-install. You cannot mix and match, if you have an urgent need to use a few 2 digit extensions you can manipulate that with outbound rules and phantom extensions (and avoid re-install)... or the SIP ID field.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I actually thought there would be some type of problem from making the change from 2 to 3 extensions, however I had a tech doing an install the client requested it after the pbx was configured. The tech just did it, after my inital panic tured out to work with no problems, with that being said I wouldnt recomend it but I didnt have any issues. This was a V11. if you will do a reinstall any way wouldnt hurt to try before deinstalling and reinstalling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.