• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3 digits emergency number

Status
Not open for further replies.

aorlando

Reaction score
Testing 3CX product we've had this problem.

In Italy Emergency numbers are on three digits (113-115-118).

Having choosed as 3 digits the extensions lenght (..120-121.122..)
dialing emergency numbers appears as trying to call
an internal extension not existent , so failed.

Solutions ??

We must change the extensions to 4 digits ??
In these way 3 digits numbers would be recognized as an external numbers to call ??? ..

Neither I could choose at the installation 2 digits for internal extensions.

Thanks

Setup an Extension that directs to an emergency number using the forward all calls to external number. Then users can dial that extension for emergency calls....

Ext 113 redirects to call out to 113

this workaround doesn't work

Thanks no1daag,

but this workaround doesn't work:

13:59:40.780 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:60): Destination not available for call from sip:[email protected] to sip:[email protected]
13:59:40.780 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:60) is rejected: Destination could not be found
13:59:40.765 CallTarget::create Destination is overwritten by Forward all rule for extension130 to 130type(2)
13:59:40.765 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:60): Incoming call from Ext.123 to sip:[email protected]

P.S.

We have many phone services with 3 digits

112-113-115-117-118 various emergency services
120-130-187-190-191 various telco helpdesk services
..others I dont remember...

At the moment the only workaround is digit a "9" as prefixfor this short numbers and to have an outbound rule to capture it
otherwise
(as you explained) create extensions but "Forward to Outside Number" with "9" as prefix (example 9113).

no1daags idea was very good. You just have to forward to a number but add infront of the number an outbound rule telling 3cx where you are going to dial out from. Eg If 0 with transform mask r would direct the call through a specific VoIP provider, or Gateway then then the extension should forward call to 0113 or 0115 for example. That way you tell the PBX through the outbound rule to dial through the appropriate channel.

Give it a go and let me know if it works.

Forward to Outside Number with prefix

As I tried to say in my previous post the workaround works :wink:
adding a prefix to the number specified in Forward to Outside Number ,
number to call becomes a four digit;
in this way 3CX understands that the number is external
and applies to it the correct outbound rule.

It would be great if numbers to call not present as internal extensions
were interpreted from 3CX engine as external.

Trixbox seems working in this way.

Another workaround would be to not create an extension at all, and just create an outbound rule. The rule would have prefix 113 with no transform mask and it would direct the call to a specific gateway/provider. If you make a rule for every emergency number then you are set. There is a small bug in the interface not allowing more than 1 number to be assigned to each outbound rule. But in the coming version this is fixed and you will be able to create just 1 outbound rule with no transform mask and a series of prefixes in this way: 113,115,117, 199 etc

aorlando said:
It would be great if numbers to call not present as internal extensions
were interpreted from 3CX engine as external.

As far as your suggestion is concerned, it would be possible to do this, but then how would the PBX know from where you want to go out from? Gateway or Provider for example? This is why we have outbound rules to determine where you want the call to go out from.

Depending on the phone you are using... you can set dialing plans that recognize the emergency numbers. (these are configured on your phone not the 3CX system)

Polycom, Cisco etc...

Travis

As far as your suggestion is concerned, it would be possible to do this, but then how would the PBX know from where you want to go out from? Gateway or Provider for example? This is why we have outbound rules to determine where you want the call to go out from.

Maybe there's been a misunderstanding:
for external I mean "number not associated to internal extensions".

At now if I choose 3 digits as lenght for extensions
everything I call with just 3 digits is translated
as internal and on it
are not applied the "outbound rules".

What I mean was: if I call a number not associated to any extension
it should be routed as external (a POTS number) trough the outbound rule.

I hope my idea is brighter now.

aorlando said:
I hope my idea is brighter now.

Yes, but what is the problem to dial '9' (or any prefix of your choice) before 3 digit emergency number? 9130 is not too much longer than 130.

Yes, but what is the problem to dial '9' (or any prefix of your choice) before 3 digit emergency number? 9130 is not too much longer than 130.

You're right...

maybe it's just a my preconcept.

In emergency state people is used to call 11x .. just this
and users are humans.

I repeat...

depending on the IP Phone you are using you may be able to set a dialing plan. I have done this successfully using Polycom.

I have set the external line to use "9" as the prefix and created a dialing plan that recognizes the 9 as the start of an emergency number... and dials

Limitations,
You must have one sip lne reserved for emergency calls. (Not too much trouble, or cost because the line will not be used often, if at all....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.