3 separate voicemail greetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mike Daniels, May 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Daniels

Coming from Asterisk I'm used to time conditions and announcements to do pretty much anything. I'm setting up a new 3CX V15 Pro system and need to be able to play 3 different voicemail recordings, 1 for work hours, 1 for after hours, and 1 for weekends.

So far what I've found is I can use the unused operator extension and set open/closed office hours to get 2 different voicemail greetings, or create 2 different IVR's with 2 separate greetings but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to get the 3rd weekend voicemail greeting working.

I was thinking of scheduling a batch file on the 3CX server that runs Friday at closing hours and replaces the voicemail .wav file in /data/ivr/voicemail/extension/0000/vmail.wav with the weekend voicemail file and then runs again Sunday at closing morning to replace it back. Is there a simpler way to do this?

2. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Under the forwarding rules for an extension, you can configure the extension to play a different voicemail greeting for profile status on the extension. This wouldn't be automatically following a schedule though, it would require an employee to manually put the phone into DND status at night, and Away status on Friday nights, etc.
    upload_2017-5-7_22-58-26.png

If you want it to be truly automated, and are OK with using IVR menus instead of a voicemail, but need more than two sets of office hours, it's possible to do it with a dummy (unregistered) extension. Under Forwarding Rules> Exemptions at the bottom set the Caller ID to *, choose specific hours and choose the destination at bottom. Set up 3 exemptions to match all of your different sets of hours, and point the inbound rule at the dummy ext for in and out of office hours, and you should be good.
    upload_2017-5-7_23-8-34.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.