302 call diversion (RFC 5806)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JFK Computersystems, May 25, 2017.

302 call diversion (RFC 5806) 4.9 5 14votes
4.9/5, 14 votes

1. JFK Computersystems

I'd suggest to bring back to possibility to deflect (or another diversion-reason) a call. Not only for did's to extentions, but maybe also calls routed to a call Q or ring group.

A lot of small businesses (like doctors, dentists, .. ) want to be able to forward their call to their mobile phone (when they are eg "on call"). Unfortunately the current version doesn't support it anymore. Hard to tell to clients the functionality is now gone without an explanation to give.

I'd suggest to upvote this thread :)

pehavel and alfaswiss1 like this.
  2. OS Consultants

Agreed, this is a pretty much standard request across all my clients.

pehavel likes this.
  3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

We desperately need '302 diversion header' for our customers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HH60

Yeah, we need this too! If we use "normal redirection" we lose 2 lines per call while we need to pay "CLIP no screening" for our ISDN lines (to see the original caller ID) which also adds additional monthly costs, while use of "partial rerouting" / "call deflection" / "SIP 302 call diversion" would be for free and only needs one line per call.

(We are using a Beronet BeroFix BF4004S0 Gateway to connect 3CX to our Telekom Deutschland ISDN lines.)

#4 HH60, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017