• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3300V /Almost/ working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherridge

Reaction score
Hi Guys;
I've almost got my draytek 3300V working nicely with 3CX. (After almost a day of getting cross)! :!:
The only final issue is that currently people have to dial 0, (which is the prefix for all outgoing routes to the FXO ports)
and wait for that to be called, before typing in their number;

1) Pickup handset
2) Press 0, Dial It
3) wait for about 1/4 of a ring, then that connection is made and you get the PTSN's dial tone
4) dial the actual number;

What I'd like to do is have it so numbers can be dialed directly;
I've tried messing around with *all* the outgoing parameters to see if I can get the draytek to dial a number itself after the call to it has been created; but with no success.

After quite a lot of hunting around it seems the only way is for the PBX software to do it for the draytek;
Asterisk etc. seems to be able to do this with a 'custom dial string' - where the PBX dials the outgoing line, waits for a dial tone, then dials the original number
(I think it's also called one-stage-dialing)
Back with our old analogue PBX you could just use Pauses; ex 0P(my number)

Is there any way of getting 3CX to do this?
I much prefer it's easy interface and don't have a spare Linux box to go down the asterisk route.

I suppose this could also been done by a very simple third party program;
one that takes SIP calls, routes them on to the draytek's FXO port, waits for the dialtone, then dials the actual number (meanwhile giving the callee ringing noises or something)
then once the number is dialed just acts transparent and passes thru all the information.

The other issue with the press 0, wait for dialtone, dial. method is that the call redirecting can't use the PTSN lines to ring back out;

All advice gratefully appreciated!

Chris

Have you tried to switch that draytek to one-stage dialing? As far as I know 3CX doesn't support two-stage dialing.

Hi cherridge
did you tried what nitup said

there is no option for one-stage dialing on the draytek;
so it'd have to be the PBX system dialing the SIP line, waiting for a dial tone appear then sending the DTMF dialing again;
i think there are some utilities out there that can do this; but not researched any further with it yet.

I try connect Draytek 330V to 3CX Ver. 6 But Failed, Can you post your configuration if you finally figure it out, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.