3CX 11 and Cisco SPA 540G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wirelessvk2, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wirelessvk2

Running 3CX 11 with Cisco SPA 540G phones.
    Customer has got 3 separate phone numbers.
    SPA 504G has 4 Extension keys. Each one is programmed as 1000, 1001 and 1002 respectively in all three phones and set as private.
    3CX has got 3 SIP accounts (one for each number with the same provider Engin).
    Also there are 3 separate entries mapping each of those numbers to Ext 1000, 1001 and 1002 plus 3 outbound rules mapping each external number to one extension only for caller ID.
    All works almost fine.
    If an incoming call develops all three Cisco phone ring (and the iluminated Key from green flashes red)to that particularly mapped extension (example: Ext 1002). Anyone can pick up. That is fine and what customer wanted.

So where is the drama, or at least mine................... :( ?

Well, if anyone wishes to make an outbound call, will pick up the handset and press one of the green iluminated keys BUT all other phones are still showing all green. I wanted that the others would show Red so people knows someone is using that line.

Is this a feature of 3CX that I am missing or Cisco SPA 540G??????

Thanks in advanced

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

if I unterstand other phones must have been confiogured with BFL for that extension (e.g. 1000), nad it will be red when your extension is "on call"

3. active5

I think the original post might be asking about the SLA / shared parking seamless key system like functionality for “sharing” phone lines without the need to transfer calls. BLF button would display the extension is in use, regardless of what line is in use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Wirelessvk2

Mixig, Active 5, thanks, gracias,

All three phones are configured for Ext (e.g. 1000) and so on. So all of them show the same extensions at any time and all of them have them set as Private. There is no line sharing.

What I want is that when one user picks a line for dialing on the remaining phones that are not being used a user could easily identify that the line is being used and my expectations were that then the light would change to Red instead. So visually they can see that something is being used.
    When incoming call is active all three phones go red and ringing in the particular Ext that is mapped to the outside number. That is ok.
    Hope that I am being clear....................

A veces con tantos idiomas en mi cabeza.............sometimes with many languagues in my head...........

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if you are trying to emulate a key system. Correct?

6. Wirelessvk2

Leejor, good morning and thanks.

Well, that maybe the one, if that is what is called................sorry about my ignorance............

If the key emulation will give me the functionality of displaying a user that a certain line is already in use by someone else that has pressed one key on another phone to make an outgoing call, that is exactly what I need.

Thanks,

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, along with the BLF settings on each set, to indicate that a "key" was in use, on hold, ringing, etc., you'd have to configure trunks, inbound rules, and outbound rules.

Say you were dealing with 3 extension numbers 1001, 1002 and 1003, each appearing on the same keys on 3 sets. With the BLF settings correct, if 1000 were in use it would be indicated on ll of the sets. That is the BLF setting part.

Along with that, you'd have to create 3 trunks groups, with one member apiece, to "assign" to each of the extension numbers. So... in the trunks settings, the first trunk would always ring 1001, the second, 1002 and the third 1003, that is the incoming part.

Now, you have to create a set of outbound rules applicable to each extension exclusively. So, when 1001 goes off hook and dials an outside number, it will only route out on the first trunk, no others. Same with 1002, and 1002, any calls placed from those extensions will only go out on the corresponding trunk.

That means that those trunks cannot be shared with any other extensions on the PBX, they must remain for the exclusive use of the corresponding extension.

That, and the keys lighting up to indicate status, is how a key system works. They are/were great for a small office where you could verbally communicate with your co-workers that a call on line 2 was for them, after putting it on hold, but, it does not have the flexibility that assigning individual PBX extensions does, using ring groups. Simulating the "feature", if all of your hardware allows, does not mean though, that you cannot use a combination of both, it just requires some creative thinking.

8. Wirelessvk2

Leejor, thanks, what you said is exactly what I have done (trunks,inbound and outbound).

But reading carefully again when you say:" ....along with the BLF settings on each set......." This is where I have no clues.
    How to do the BLF settings...................you are giving me the hint is not 3CX but the specific BLF in the SPA 504G.
    They may have some sense.

By the way if there is an incoming call and someone gets it, we have already succeeded in transferring with no problems. Meaning no need for the human to speak loud.

It is just this annoying lack of BLF that a line is being used in an outgoing call situation..............

May ring Cisco support Monday to see if I can get some "lights" and the right colour..........

CHeers and thanks again

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't make use of the BLF options on the Cisco sets myself, and really haven't played around with them to any extent (so far). Any help in getting that part working is going to have to come from one of the other forum members, that are more familiar with it.

10. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Hi Wirelessvk2
    The SPA504G won't help you here, unless you go to the trouble and expense of fitting each phone with a Cisco SPA500S 32-button console.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10499/data_sheet_c78-548281.html

These units have keys that can be set up as Busy Line Field (BLF) keys, and will show status with red, green and amber colouring & flash patterns.
    If you were starting from scratch however, I'd suggest the yealink T26P which has 10 integrated DSS keys which can be configured as BLF's and do show status admirably.

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.