3cx 12.5 and Cisco 7941 pulling date & time problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by john.gaudet, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john.gaudet

Recently my company bought another and we have 3cx servers at 3 sites. The company we purchased had Cisco phones. I downloaded the appropriate files from 3cx and followed the instructions to a "T" with mixed results. The instructions for both of the 7941 and the 7940 were not complete at all and way different on each. I had to search for someone with a sample SIPDefault.cnf, XMLDefault.cnf.xml and a sample SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml.
    I got the 7940 working and provisioning and pulling correct time and date.
    The 7941 was a little easier but will not recognize date & time and keeps having an error on the locale. I am in the middle of spending way too much time on a phone that 3cx supports, but the instructions and the config files on the 2 phones are as different as night and day. The 7941 config that comes with 12.5 doesn't even have a locale or dst info in the config. Did someone just forget to finish it?
    I really enjoy my Yealink phones and haven't ran into configuration problems like this.
    I do not like the Cisco phones, so I really wasn't surprised to have problems with them. We are going to eventually replace them, but have 150 to use for a little while, I hate putting a phone out that doesn't have date and time correct.
    Anyone have any luck with this?

2. john.gaudet

So far I finally found info for the 7941/61 CIsco phone firmware. There is an NTP break in version 8.3.3 for SIP and above. I can manually CLI into the root of the phone and set the Date & Time, but rebooting the phone goes back to factory. I am currently in search of the elusive 8.3.2 firmware. 7941/61.

3. JonnyM

Try adding the DHCP option for NTP and seeing if the Cisco picks it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.