3cx 12 & cisco 7960 (stun connection)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by egiblockDM, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egiblockDM

we have a 3cx v12 in the cloud, and i'm trying to get a cisco 7960 phone to connect..

i've tried all the possible configs that i can think of. local lan, or stun with a local 3cx tunnel, and no success.

has anyone else been able to do this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may need to provide a bit more information about the sets location. If you are using Tunnel as you suggest, then I have to assume that you are using the 3CX proxy server or Raspberry Pi SBC. How may other sets are at this location? the last few versions of the PBX can usually overcome remote extensions that are not using STUN. What type of Router/firewall is deployed? Are there other locations where extensions, of any type are working? Does a PC running the 3CX Phone work from this location?

What sort of logs, if any, do you get at the PBX end? Is there any sign of a registration attempt?

3. egiblockDM

no sign of registration attempt. and i haven't had the time to mirror the switch and watch for SIP traffic with wireshark.

3cx proxy server is in place.
    3cx v12 sp6

this is the only cisco phone that i am testing with. other handsets at this remote location are all grandstream 2100's and 2200's that work fine with out of office / stun connections

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.