3cx 12 sucks, tunnel stops working after 4-5 hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahsanshams, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahsanshams

I have come to the conclusion that 3cx version 12 just plain sucks. This is now become an unreliable software pbx and I'm about to just give up on it.

The system is very buggy and just stops working, I have constant issues with the phone disconnecting and the stupid tunnel wigging out.

One of the most common issues is that I get 1 way audio with the tunnel where I can hear people I"m calling but they can't hear me. Without the tunnel the 3cx softphone doesn't even want to connect. ITS NOT A FIREWALL ISSUES, firewalls are dissabled.

I wish I had never upgraded from version 9 to this pos version 12. Even the latest binary has the same issues (downloaded in FEB 2014)

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Then I am very sorry for you, but the 3CX Phone System is a robust and very good working software PBX.
    I am using 3CX from v7 and had never one-way-audio or tunnelling issues IF you have properly setup everything.
    Saying “ITS NOT A FIREWALL ISSUES” will not say your router is function well. Maybe the router causes your problems e.g. SIP_ALG setting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justin-mag

Hi Complex1:

I think many people will disagree with you regarding 3cx V12. This version has been buggy, loss of features, and general headache.

Proof of the issues with 3cx Ver 12 is we are on Service Pack 3 only 2-3 months after its initial release. SP3 fixed lots of things wrong with 3cx but I and other keeps finding odd behavior compared to previous version.

3cx Ver12 SP3 should have been the initial release. This is not my comment but other users have stated that.

Recently I have found 3cx ver12 logging is broken, 3cx responds has been mute, like on several issues

Myphone is better its still lacking compared to the previous version.

If anyone ask me, "if to upgrade?" my responds is "Not to version 12".

4. ZenMasta

ZenMasta New Member

I had a lot of ringining/provisioning issues moving from v10 to v12. It was extremely frustrating for the first couple of weeks. The template changes between 10 and 12 were significant and I probably botched some things in my half hazard copy and pasting. But after reviewing the new templates and more carefully making my changes I I'm pretty much stable now.

I've could never get tunnel to work in v12 and while it worked briefly in v10, it just stopped working one day(and yes, service was still running).

I have 2 suggestions for you if you don't want to use the tunnel, but there are some caveats either way. Please note in the configuration below, the server is hosted and not on the same network. I assume since you are using tunnel you have a similar config.

1)use 3cx default template for "REMOTESTUN" incrementing sip port accordingly for each device
    a)if you have multiple devices at these remote locations you wont have audio (either direction) for internal calls.
    b)answering via headset button on spa504g will automatically switch to speakerphone, you have to wait another half second before you can switch back to headset or else it will switch back to speakerphone.

2)copy the 3cx template and in the REMOTESTUN section, set the value of stun enabled from Yes to No
    a) when you bxfer a call you'll have to manually press the end call button on your phone to clear your lcd
    b) 3cx wont support if you modify the template
    one of the biggest pet peeves I've had with v12, is if you use the default stun profile

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

ahsanshams:

I am surprised by your complaints. We install and manage a large number of 3CX systems and fortunately our V12 users are thrilled.
    I suspect that the USER has problems and not 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.