• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[3CX 14] - Add incoming DID to Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspage

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have a wish, I know it should be possible, but I have no clue where to find it in 3CX 14.

It's quite simple. I have 3 VOIP providers, all with 1 number, lets say: 1, 2, 3 and 4. Whenever someone calls me (let's say 5), then I'm currently seeing on the display: 5

What I'd really like is, if person with number 5 calls to number 1, to have the phone show: 1 - 5. Or 5 -1 for that matter. Or basically anything I want ;)

How do I do that? Manuals and online 'helpers' point me towars the 'global options' in the settings. But it's not there anymore.

Anybody can help me? Thanks!

edit: The phone that I'm using is SNOM 870.

I actually found the right option in Settings -> Company Phonebook - Phonebook Options -> Prepend/Append name to CallerID

But it's not working for me...

In the phonebook, you can add/replace a callers name with whatever you choose when the number matches an entry. What I think you want, is the ability to see the callers number, and know which line they came in on, is that correct?

Have a look at section 1 under adding DIDs...

http://www.3cx.com/docs/trunk-management/

Hello Leejor,

Thank you for your response. I also found that document. Besides the fact that some things are on different locations now (which makes it very hard to look for the right stuff), it still doesn't do what I want it to do.

When I give my inbound-rule a name, it shows that name on the screen of my phone. But no incoming number. Whatever I try... it's always either the number, or the name of the rule. Never both...

Any help would be appreciated. I feel that it's my way of thinking that is wrong here. But that it should be quite simple.

It may be because of how many characters you use for the DID name. In some cases it may "push" the number off the display. Try a using a shorter name to see if it makes a difference.

That would only make sense, if the number was AFTER the DID name. But... it should it as:

:DID

And no number...

hmmm, it put a smiley.. that wasn't meant to happen. Sorry about that.

It should have been:

: DID <-- that's what it shows on the screen, including the colon.

How about adding numbers 1-4 as DID's for each Provider, then in each DID in the "Inbound Rule Name" field enter 1-4 respectively.

Then select the option "Append" or "Prepend" Caller ID depending on what you want.

I don't know what happened, but suddenly, it all seems to work!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.