Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

[3CX 14] - Add incoming DID to Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by aspage, Feb 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aspage

Hello there,

I have a wish, I know it should be possible, but I have no clue where to find it in 3CX 14.

It's quite simple. I have 3 VOIP providers, all with 1 number, lets say: 1, 2, 3 and 4. Whenever someone calls me (let's say 5), then I'm currently seeing on the display: 5

What I'd really like is, if person with number 5 calls to number 1, to have the phone show: 1 - 5. Or 5 -1 for that matter. Or basically anything I want ;)

How do I do that? Manuals and online 'helpers' point me towars the 'global options' in the settings. But it's not there anymore.

Anybody can help me? Thanks!

edit: The phone that I'm using is SNOM 870.

2. aspage

I actually found the right option in Settings -> Company Phonebook - Phonebook Options -> Prepend/Append name to CallerID

But it's not working for me...

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the phonebook, you can add/replace a callers name with whatever you choose when the number matches an entry. What I think you want, is the ability to see the callers number, and know which line they came in on, is that correct?

Have a look at section 1 under adding DIDs...

http://www.3cx.com/docs/trunk-management/

4. aspage

Hello Leejor,

Thank you for your response. I also found that document. Besides the fact that some things are on different locations now (which makes it very hard to look for the right stuff), it still doesn't do what I want it to do.

When I give my inbound-rule a name, it shows that name on the screen of my phone. But no incoming number. Whatever I try... it's always either the number, or the name of the rule. Never both...

Any help would be appreciated. I feel that it's my way of thinking that is wrong here. But that it should be quite simple.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be because of how many characters you use for the DID name. In some cases it may "push" the number off the display. Try a using a shorter name to see if it makes a difference.

6. aspage

That would only make sense, if the number was AFTER the DID name. But... it should it as:

:DID

And no number...

7. aspage

hmmm, it put a smiley.. that wasn't meant to happen. Sorry about that.

It should have been:

: DID <-- that's what it shows on the screen, including the colon.

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

How about adding numbers 1-4 as DID's for each Provider, then in each DID in the "Inbound Rule Name" field enter 1-4 respectively.

Then select the option "Append" or "Prepend" Caller ID depending on what you want.

9. aspage

I don't know what happened, but suddenly, it all seems to work!

Thanks for all the help guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.