Solved 3cx 15.0.62928.5 - Welcome Emails not Sending

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mhankosky, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhankosky

I just upgraded to the latest 3CX 15 this morning and welcome emails are not being sent by the 3cx software.

2. Michael Menor

Uh oh... that's not good :( I will follow this thread to see if there are any fixes.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, very strange. Could you please check the following,
    1. Go to extension and select Send Welcome Email. Now go to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs and open log file 3cxSystemService.log. Check if email was sent and provide log.
    2. Go to Settings > Email Settings > Extension Welcome Template what do you see?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mhankosky

Issue turned out to be that the latest version uses HTML emails where as it used to use TXT emails. My SMTP server was rejecting them.

Thanks Michael!

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

6. AstoundTech

Cannot send welcome emails either. Tried multiple smtp servers, gmail, office365, live.com, none are working. Logs just say canceled. No help at all as to the problem. How do I confirm the ports being used by 3cx are correct? Why is this not an option?

We would really like to use the system, but we are extremely disappointed at this point. It's not like smtp is new. It's only been around since the beginning of the internet, yet your system can't make a simple connection.

Fantastic installation process by the way.

Sorry for being snarky. I'm just frustrated.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Just put any port difference with the
    Code:
    smtp.server:port
    if it is not standard 25.

I have used 3cx in various environments as well as other VoIP Servers and have no issues with Email.
    Gmail - consumer Gmail or G-suite? In gmail, I have had to "allow less secure apps" to send email.
    Office 365 - I have easily setup a relay from IIS - and had to set the allowed IP Address. Should be similar setup in 3cx.
    No experience using Live

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Simon Gare

How do I solve this if I am using the Google Cloud install V15? I have tried all smtp servers I have and still no welcome email??

I have checked SendGrid activity report and no emails are reaching their server at all. I have tried all ports. The test button does not report back any issues at all, and when clicking the Welcome email button for an extension no messages are displayed.

I have been using 3CX for about 8 years and never had this problem before.

#8 Simon Gare, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. Simon Gare

Hi did you find a work around for this
    So I followed the Gmail workaround described in another thread and it is now sending emails, however I dont want to use Gmail as our SMTP server but instead need to use SendGrid, please advise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.