• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX 15.5.13103.5 IOS Push not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

Reaction score
Hi there,
we can't get IOS push to work, on the IPhones latest 3cx client is installed, and TCP 2195+2196 is outbound open. When the App is in foreground ringing works fine, but if the App is closed or in background push isn't working. On Android everything is fine, and push notification is nearly instant.

In wireshark i can see an outgoing packet over 2195

Thanks in advance

Hello @Void

Check the updates section of the PBX and make sure that you have no updates pending related to iOS certificate.
Also make sure that the 3CX client app has all the appropriate permissions and notifications are allowed on the iOS devices

Hi Yiannis,
thanks for the quick reply, i checked the clients and also the Update Tab in Management Console.
The client is correctly configured, in management console the user is allowed to receive push messages. Also there aro no Updates available

in that case you will need to check the activity log for any errors. You could also generate the PBX logs from the support tab and go through the dialler log.
Alternatively you can create a ticket with our support department so they can look into the issue for you.

We had this issue. IOS push had been working but then quit. What i found is that TLS 1.0 was disabled in registry to pass PCI security scan. Once I allowed TLS 1.0 it worked immediately. Make sure you check with network admin before enabling because it may cause a security issue.

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,
i checked the dialer log, and everytime the 3cx tries to send a push notification i got the following message:

Code:
18/08/06 12:39:34.973|200001| Err|10|0007|: *!* Exception catched at Apple Push sender:
System.Net.Internals.SocketExceptionFactory+ExtendedSocketException (0x80004005): Connection timed out 17.188.128.156:2195

When i do a port scan on the ip, only port 2196 is open, but the 3cx tries to use 2195

When i do a port scan on the ip, only port 2196 is open, but the 3cx tries to use 2195
That is strange as when i try the IP i see that the port 2195 is open.

2018-08-06_17h38_23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.