3CX 15.5 and videoconference (Webmeeting)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cwoller, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwoller

Hi.

We are using 3CX since v12 and now want to use the video converence facility. I use this setup:

Intel NUC with i5 / 16GB Ram / Windows 10 Pro / Chrome Browser

Attached is a Logitech PTZpro (v1 not v2!) and this cam isn't recognized by 3CX Webmeeting. It works well: Windows 10 own camera app is able to use it - and a WebRTC Test with latest Chrome browser on a different website was successful. Unfortunately, 3CX Webmeeting tells me every time I connect, that it can not communicate with PTZpro because some App is blocking (or using it) - but this isnt the case. As I said - opening Chrome on a WebRTC Testpage tells me everything is ok and the cam gets utilized.

The workaround - that is crazy - is, connect a 2nd webcam (also Logitech, but a tiny one) to the PC and tell Chrome to use the PTZpro. This enables 3CX to communicate with the PTZpro from the beginning.

Why does 3CX Webmeeting not recognize the PTZpro as Webcam? This is crazy.

Does anybodoy (maybe 3CX Devs?) have any solution for me?

Best regards,

Christian

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That doesn't sound right. We have the same setup for our 3CX Webinars and it works fine.
    Keep in mind that it's not 3CX it's self that does the camera detection, but Chrome.

Go to chrome and type the following in your browser bar:
    chrome://settings/content/camera

Make sure that: yourfqdn.3cx.net is in the allowed list and not the blocked list and that the correct camera is selected.
    Let me know how it goes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.