• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx 15.5 Forwarded calls caller ID is called number not callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Torres

Free User
Reaction score
Calls come in from Vitelity and carry correct caller id of incoming call. When the number is forwarded to a mobile number via voip.ms trunk, it carries the number of the office not the incoming caller. Voip.ms trunk works fine for outgoing otherwise. I have set the default caller id to blank at the provider. Any thoughts? I use voip.ms trunks in other apps with asterisk and the caller id for forwarded external calls is correct.

EDIT - same result with the vitelity trunk for the outbound call.

Last edited:
You must specify using 'originator caller's id' into outbound parameters settings of the trunk for 'Contact - user part' and 'From - user part' fields. Still your provider must allow originator's caller id to be used, otherwise will either block call (usually with '403 - forbidden' error) or replace caller id with one of yours (usually the first one).

By the way -- Asterisk PBX will not send originator's caller-ID by default too.

The other method is using '302 diversion header' for forwarding calls, available in 3CX V.14 and spoken to be available again in V15.5 SP2 soon, also available in Asterisk. Not all providers support '302 diversion header' anyway.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips. Did not seem to have immediate effect. More testing is needed on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.