3cx 15.5 no provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by felipeg007, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felipeg007

I am trying to manually provision a yealink T46G on 3cx 15.5.
    I am able to add the phone under an extension but the config file is never generated nor do i see a download of any kind. I read that its a http request but to where and when.

I have checked the TFTP path and crossed reference with the provisioning url.

Where does 3cx generate and save the file.cfg? I have checked 2 other installs and have the same problem.

Thank you ,
    Felipe

#1 felipeg007, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. SECOIT GmbH

upload_2017-7-14_18-50-26.png

upload_2017-7-14_18-51-39.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. felipeg007

Thank you , i tried this. and i see in tftp server where the phone tries to retrieve file and it fails because file does not exist.

4. felipeg007

5. SECOIT GmbH

Sorry, I'm lost. Why do you use TFTP?
    The link shown is a http link, no TFTP. Copy it over from the PBX to the phone as shown in the screenshot.
    Try the link shown in your PBX and add /[MAC].cfg and it will dwnload the file. Again - via http (port 5000).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ppickens

SECOIT is correct. Note if you cannot download this from a browser, then the template you're using is using incorrect formatting. Some xml changed can cause the server to not recognize things, but not warn you while saving. If this is the case, then you won't be able to receive a file from the browser. Then you'd have to find the error in your config files manually.

7. felipeg007

We have a mixed environment of phones. Yealink T46G, Polycom IP6000 and Cisco 7940's. We use Vlans, DHCP options and TFTP to pass config to phones. we upgraded from 12.5 to 15.5. In 12.5 - 3cx would generate the config file and place it in c:\programData\ 3cx......provisioning\wfu3g0ga2x\ after the upgrade it no longer generates a file. We also do not see an option to download the config.

Thanks again for the feedback.

8. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

V15.5 generates the config files on the fly - that is - the file does not exist until an HTTP/HTTPS request is made for the file. This deals with an old problem where pbx changes would be made but would not show up in phone configurations until AFTER the files were manually rewritten.

9. felipeg007

Thank you everyone, I restored the configs from my 12.5 backup placed it in the tftp path and the yealinks work.

10. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

version 12.5 will work, but you will not get all the functions of version 15.5 included in the templates

Depending on your DHCP server , if windows you could try creating a DHCP scope just for the yealink phones - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd759190(v=ws.11).aspx

How many devices in your network, and how many phones.- it maybe better configuring QOS instead of vlans

#10 Saqqara, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.