• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx 15.5 SP4 uptime 70 days one-way audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Cross

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with debian based 3cx systems that have an uptime over 70 that start to have one way audio/dropped call issues? Rebooting seems to fix the issue until I hit that 60-70 day uptime range again.

Confused SP4 was only released on 28th March, not sure how you have reached 60 - 70 uptime

doesn't mean the server was restarted to update 3cx.

This is on debian not windows

Brian are you using a border controller, stun, or is this a lan environment?

LAN, I have two different PBX's with the same type of behavior. The only common denominator is they are running virtually from VMWare, but I have others running on VMWare that I don't touch.

i wouldn't think VMWare would be the cause, but unfortunately i have no experience in lan setups or in VMWare hosted pbx's. All of ours are through a BSC and hosted on OVH!

Good luck, sorry i couldn't be of more help :( !

doesn't mean the server was restarted to update 3cx.
You can't install a Service Pack without the services being restarted.... so its a valid question.

Anyone else have issues with debian based 3cx systems that have an uptime over 70 that start to have one way audio/dropped call issues? Rebooting seems to fix the issue until I hit that 60-70 day uptime range again.
Can you run the Firewall Checker and check that all RTP Ports pass? It may not be the days, but the number of calls....
When you restart the services, the first call uses port 9000 and each next call increases by +2. IF you have e.g. ports 9000-9100, then from the 50th call you may be getting this problem.

It's all good. Rebooted both servers yesterday after hours and both report that the one way audio and dropped calls have stopped.
You can't install a Service Pack without the services being restarted.... so its a valid question.

Can you run the Firewall Checker and check that all RTP Ports pass? It may not be the days, but the number of calls....
When you restart the services, the first call uses port 9000 and each next call increases by +2. IF you have e.g. ports 9000-9100, then from the 50th call you may be getting this problem.

When has restarting services changed the up time on a server? Not quite following you but no matter.. Yes the firewall checker passes. Server resources are barely being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.