3cx 3 Ring connect policy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by inibiru, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inibiru

hello I am running V 10.0.2 of the 3cx system, I have noticed that when calling out the system rings 3 times before actually connecting the call. Now is this policy with the system? Or is there an option to immediately make contact with the # I am calling out to? Thanks in advance!

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

No, it is not policy of the system.
    No, there is no option to make it immediate. PBX already does it immediately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inibiru

Ok is there anyway you can steer me in the right direction? Could this be a gateway setting?

So the system in no way is related to the delayed rings before connecting to the # when calling out?

Thanks for the quick reply btw!

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

This is all a matter of your connections. I only use a particular SIP provider (can you guess which one?) and on some calls there is never even a single ring before I am connected, on other calls I will hear a couple of rings and then a tone change. This is when it is hopping across multiple termination points.

If you are using a gateway, then 3CX has to initiate the call to the gateway, then the gateway has to initiate a call out. There can often be delays in this process.

3CX sends calls out immediately, but how they are processed is totally outside of the control of 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. inibiru

The provider is ATT Pots lines connected through a grandstream 4104 gateway.

So is it possible my gateway is creating the delay tone itself while it establishes connectivity?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

In an answer, yes.

You input the dial string into your phone and then hit send. 3cx immediately processes the call according to the outbound rules and, if applicable, passes to the gxw. The gxw provides signals back while it then takes the command from 3cx and processes which means that it takes the line off-hook, gets a dial tone and then dials the string. It may take a couple of seconds for this to occur and particularly so for a dial tone from your PSTN provider to be acquired. If you listen closely, you can possibly hear a difference in how/when the transfer (ring tone) changes from the gxw to the PSTN provider occurs.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When I call out through a Linksys 3102, I can hear slight clicks representing the DTMF is passed out on the PSTN line. Once this is done then the audio path is cut through and I'm given the actual ringback tone. Each make/model of gateway handles it differently.

Do you get this on a variety of sets through the 4104, or could one make of set be doing this?

8. inibiru

This is standard through all of my sets that's why I assumed it was a system feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.