Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX 408 Request Timeout to VoIP Provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by streatley, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. streatley

We have one VoIP 'phone number which is set up as a SIP Connection.

This morning we are unable to make or receive calls - no changes have been made for some considerable time to either the PC running 3CX (Windows 7 Enterprise), 3CX itself, the 'phones or the network. All other internet services are running fine as are the internal 'phone services.

We have rebooted the PC and I've double checked the settings for the connection to VoIPTalk (our provider) - everything was OK.

Searching on the internet highlighted that this error was often associated with a firewall issue. Although there have been no changes to that I did temporarily turn off the firewall and that made no difference.

In the server log there are repeated attempts to register and the registration fails with a 'Cause: 408 Request Timeout; Internal'

Any idea where we should look next?

Regards
    Anton

2. streatley

Strangely this problem has just disappeared - it coincided with me turning the router firewall off. However to confirm that this was the issue I turned the router firewall back on again and the connection remained. I then rebooted the PC (with the router firewall still turned on) and it's still fine - I can only assume that there was an issue at the VoIP provider? I had emailed them but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Either way 3CX is back up and running.

Regards
    Anton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.