• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX 5.0 SIP Line will not register

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhodgson1980

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure where to start here here, I have installed ver 5.0 of 3CX having enjoyed the features of 3.1.

I have a UK sipgate account and had no problems setting up 3.1 to work with my account, the line registered with the minimal of fuss.

Now on ver 5.0 the line will not register no matter what I do. I am not sure what the logs are telling me as against all entries all it says is TERM.

Can anyone point me to any guides to install 5.0 and get it to work with my sipgate account?

Whoops

Sorry, read another post which says there are bugs with 3CX 5.0 and loads of people have had issues getting a SIP line to register. They all seem to go back to 3.1 so I think I will do the same.

As they say, if it's not broke don't fix it.

I am running v5 with sigate uk and germany and it is ok.

so possible we can try to compare our setup and try to find out what it is.

i have had some problems also but some was gone after some time (a night) possible because sipgate and my other provider have had to much registerings in to short time some others was subnet issues.

most issues where solved so if you want to test it again (to go back to v3 need less then 10min)

for cheap and fast cooperation i would give you a temp. ext in my bpx where we can speak and can go through the settings.

Andy

(Best time for this confereces are between 18:00 and 24:00)

HI
is very important how the ports 9000 are on your firewall. do you use nat? than is also very important that you forward some ports to your machine.

We are not aware of oustanding issues with V5. Please detail the problem you are having, the provider you are using and post SERVER STATUS LOG

Hi,

Sorry, I have converted back to 3.1 which is working fine for me, I would like to use the new version so if anyone can give me detailed instructions of how to set up ver 5 to work with SIPgate UK then I would appreciate it.

I would also appreciate a list of ports that need to be open for 3CX to run, I already have a number of ports open on my firewall and there seems to be no problem with incoming and outgoing calls using ver 3.1, I dont know if I need extra ports open for ver 5.

As I say I have converted back to 3.1 as I need a working system, with regards to the problems I was having using 5, I installed and added extensions and then added SIPgate as my VOIP provider, I set up the user name and password for SIPgate and created an outbound rule. When I went to check the line status it said unregistered, I went back to the VOIP provider settings and click register line and check the line status again, it still said unregistered. I cheked the server status page and all of the entries has TERM. next to them (not sure what this means, I am by no means an expert with VOIP and computer based PBX's).

The settings in 5 looked no different to the ones in 3.1 yet as soon as I entered the VOIP provider settings in 3.1 the line registered with no user intervention.

I am sorry if the information I am giving is vague, it is probably a user error as I dont know how to configure the system properly therefore I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Kind Regards

PICNIC (problem in chair not in computer) error.

I have opened up the correct ports as per the install guide (which I probably should have read before posting, sorry) and installed 5.0, added an extension and VOIP provider and the line registers straight away.

Thanks to all that offered help in sorting this.

Regards

Thanks for letting us know. All builds get tested against SIPGATE, as well as the other recommended providers so we are sure those will work well with our software.

Its VOIP providers we have never seen or dont' test against (because they dont give us a test account for example) that we cant be sure of. Still, v5 provides the flexibility to make it work with most VOIP providers, you just have to get into the source identification rules and so on.

I have followed all the instructions in the installation manual and opened the relevent ports and every time i get to the STUN server check screen i get the following error message:

Cannot initialize firewall checker. Cannot parse address of Firewall Checker Agent (firewallcheck.3cx.com:4200). error was 11004

I am using SIPGate as the VoIP provider, and version 5.0 of 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.