• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX 7 only half duplex audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin

Reaction score
Not sure if something has been changed in 3CX 7, but I'm upgrading from 3CX 6 to 3CX 7 on a new server (3CX 6 stopped working for no apparent reason) and on 3CX 6 I was able to get full duplex audio, however on version 7 if one person talks, they cant hear the other person, which is particularly bad when there is background noise or wind. I haven't really changed anything on the phone adaptors I'm testing (Linksys PAP2) but it's possible someone else might have. Can anyone give me suggestions of where to start looking? I can't find anything in 3CX or the adaptor :(

Edit: I'm pretty sure I was getting Full duplex audio on version 6, but it's been down for over a month now (Trying to find time to fix the sucker) so I might be wrong. But I'm pretty sure I'm right (Anyone else have PAP2 working fine?)

Ensure you do not have any firewall on the 3CX server that might be blocking this. Try stopping this and see if the issue persists.

Also ensure you don't have any other application that might be using the 3CX RTP ports. Please follow the procedure on http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/technical-documentation-dash/media-server-reports-binding-failed to ensure these ports are not used.

Also if you are using remote extensions, ensure that STUN is enabled on the remote extensions.

Hi Justin,

May be try to check your setting of "Silence Supp Enable" under Admin mode => Line X. If it set as "yes", set it as "no" may be help. If it already set as "no". The silence suppression may be enabled at the analog phone side.

I do have PAP2 "Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)" work with V7.1, it seems works fine.

Looks like it was due to the codec setting that was set on my PAP2 compared to what 3CX was expecting. All resolved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.