• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX access over Internet+MPLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raman Kalia

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,
Can 3CX extension access it simultaneously over Internet as well different locations connecting through MPLS. The current settings only allows for one one public and one private IP address.
Thanks
Raman

First time that I can recall seeing this question in the forums, or MPLS being brought up, so the answer is probably, no. The majority (if not all, at this point) of SIP devices, have a place to put in a server, either something that can be translated into an IP (public or private , as the case may be), or an IP itself. Once the SIP messages reach an IP, it is up to you how you route them through to the actual server.

This complicates the situation a bit. I've got users in two geographies. I wanted to connect local users over MPLS and long distance (countable on fingers) over the Internet.

This is more of a networking question than a 3CX question but the answer is most likely yes. Are you asking about having the same user/extension accessing both over MPLS and public internet simultaneously? If so, you can do it but you either have to manually configure the endpoints or setup a FQDN and do split horizon DNS so it resolves correctly.

The MPLS users should be able to hit the inside address. I have this setup working without issue.

I also have this setup with 6 sites all connected by MPLS working to a single 3CX in a datacentre with no problems. If you can ping between sites over the MPLS and do not have ant firewall filtering on the MPLS links then 3CX will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.