Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Advanced Exam

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jimbo59, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Is there any decent study material for this test? The course doesn't handle the questions asked in the test. The English is horrible and the questions have answers that could go either way based on how they're asked. I've been a Microsoft Certified Engineer since 1995 and a Microsoft Trainer and I found that Microsoft, Cisco, and Novell had difficult but reasonable tests. This one has answers hard to find in the manuals or the limited videos.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 jimbo59, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

At least with Microsoft and Cisco, the end of the failed test shows where your weaknesses are. This is just lame and probably written with Google Translate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michael Groom

My sales manager was able to get me copies of my missed questions so i could see why i missed them.

jimbo59 likes this.
  4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Thanks Michael.

I'll run that by Melvin.

5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I took it again and did worse. No more time for this nonsense. I hate trick questions.

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Where I do take note of some of the points in this email I would also defend 3CX a little on a few of the finer points.

Microsoft and Cisco are paid exams so the format would be different. They have also been developed over a longer time period so I would expect the format, content and feedback to be better.

Where I would agree that some of the questions could be seen as trick, some are also designed to test your attention to detail - for example putting :5060 in a question about secure SIP. But most questions I received on my Advanced exam were in relation to Wireshark captures and CID Reformatting which took a lot of effort to answer.

My big tip would be that you are not currently timed on the exam, so do exactly that - take your time and read through the questions thoroughly until you understand 100% what they are asking. I have myself had some questions in the exam which required me to do just this.

7. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

4 digit password for voicemail. Is it alphanumeric?
    Technically no as it's numeric. My guess is the answer they want is yes.
    There are others.

I know wireshark and use it frequently.

8. mixig

mixig Active Member

My exam was fair easy, about 50% and even more was screen shoot from wirehark, SIP messages (INVITE, REISTER etc.). if you konw SIP it should be enough to pass the exam. Just few questions was celated wih 3CX

9. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I only had 3 easy wireshark questions in my last attempt and I mean last. I'm done. No more games.

10. pact

pact New Member

It is the advanced test, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park.

One of our engineers took just under 2 hours end-to-end to complete the Advanced certification with a 27/30 result, I don't see that as unreasonable.

Cisco and Microsoft tests can be just as wordy, and depending on your background in English the questions can be read differently too. You just have to learn their system and answer the Microsoft or Cisco way.

I agree not all content is covered in the 3CX documentation as many of the questions were raw SIP related, but enough information could be found online from various sources or by performing a lab test at the time to prove the answer.

3CX allow for open book, so I would encourage other test takers to be performing the questions and confirming results for themselves.

The great thing is the exams force you to think about scenarios you likely have never come across before, so it expands your understanding of the product, and if you fail? Just sit the test again!

apostolis_3CX and Nick Galea like this.
  11. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I've taken tests for technology since 1993 (Novell, Compaq, HP, IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, A+, Citrix, Linux) and taught Microsoft and A+. I'm not impressed and I won't be taking the test again. My time is more valuable than to waste with English trick questions. I know 3CX and use it daily with bridges, 3rd party FXS and FXO and non-standard phones.
    In my 25 years of technology test taking I have never flunked a test 3 times until 3CX.

Never again.

#11 jimbo59, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The answer to this question (as this is the only example given) is No as the voicemail password is numeric and the answer is very clearly laid out in the training slides for Security & Anti-Fraud.

If there are any more examples of questions that you think are not worded properly or the answer is not clear please send me a p.m. so we can go over them as no more free answers will be given publicly.

NickD_3CX likes this.
  13. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

That's the only one I remembered and as I don't cheat or want to waste more time I didn't cut and paste the entire exam. No more waste of this technology god's time.

Hope you like this one too, Nick. Your videos don't match the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.