3CX Amazon EC2 Instance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robert.smallridge, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert.smallridge

Hello,

I want to be able to run 3CX on an Amazon Instance,

I have set up an Windows server 2008 Instance, with IIS and 3cx Installed. I have also assigned an Elastic IP to the instance so that it has a public address I can access. I can access the web Admin, But I cannot get any phones to connect to the server, I have enabled ports 5481, 5060-5080 and 5471 on the server, but still no luck.

Sip phones logs say the SIP registration has been sent but 3CX logs show no sip registration requests.

Has anyone been able to successfully set up a 3CX installation on an Amazon EC2? Or can anyone help in figuring out the problem?

Thanks

2. komputer

Have you tried the 3CX Firewall Checker to make sure all ports are working properly?

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/firewall-checker/

3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Rob, can you also enable 9000-9049

i did run the firewall checker and all passed ok

I was able to connect our Snom phones and our Softphone and they registered ok.

i will have a look in to this again, been a busy day so been doing it when not so busy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dannybrook

when you say you enabled those ports, do you mean on the ec2 firewall? i had no problem connecting a polycom and the 3cx softphone.

ec2 is pretty expensive though to run a windows instance 24/7. you can get a hosted vps for less per month, though it is considerably less dynamic.

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We have fully set this up for Rob and all is working ok, We where able to connect two IP Phones and make and receive calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dannybrook

just curious why you chose EC2 when you can get a windows VPS for less per month?

7. mbaitelli

Hi, I have the same issue. I cannot register extesions when using EC2. Can you post the solution so I can replicte on my instance?

Thank you

8. 3cxonec2

How did you get 3CX to work on Amazon EC2? I am also having the same problem as the original post, I cannot register my sip phones to the 3CX on the Amazon EC2. Please post solution. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.