Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx and analog Telephone hybrid for radio studio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by friso.trip, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friso.trip

I have an SPA3000 gateway, and want to connect an telephone hybrid to it, wich is connected to an radio studio fader table (hope you understand what i mean). Now i want to route incomming voip connections to that hybrid.
    This is for radio game perpose.

Because there isn't a voip solution for this, the question is: Is it possible with the SPA3000, if not, what else can i do?

Thanx
    Friso

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3000 ,like the 3102 that replaced it, contains both a Gateway and an ATA. One "converts" a PSTN line to VoIP, the other "converts" a VoIP line to a standard telephone set (in basic terms).

What do you want to bring in to the mixer board? A phone line, such as a call in show? If you have an interface, (or device), on the board to terminate a standard PSTN telephone line, then you can use the ATA portion of the 3000 to bring a VoIP line in.

3. friso.trip

Thanx for the reply. I indeed want to get the voip call on the mixerboard. I configured now the ata part. Did some tweaking with the gain's and it all works great now.
    Many thanks for your tips

Friso

4. friso.trip

So far so good, now i got another head breaking issue. I want to dial out with the analog telephone connected at the SPA3000.
    The outgoing call should go thrue the voip gateway.
    When i try to dial out, it is not working. I get an busy tone.

If i dial out with the 3CX softphone thrue the voip gateway, it works ok. I think i have to adjust something on my SPA3000. Anyone knows what i should change?

Thanx
    Friso

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Depending on the digits you are dialling, it may have something to do with the dialplan built into the 3102 ATA portion. the default is a generic North American plan that sort of works if you are connected directly to a VoIP provider. The 3000 may also be attempting to send a call out on the PSTN line.

Here are some links to some sites related to "crafting", and understanding dialplans in Sipura/Linksys/Cisco devices.

http://www.solidfluid.co.uk/sfsite.php/00000223

http://www.toao.net/108-linksys-dial-plan-tips

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.