• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3CX and BT HSIPT, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russywhite

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I am really struggling to get our test 3CX box to connect consistlently to BT HSIPT through Daisy in the UK, it connects and then after a while disconnects and we get the following messages.

• Call or Registration to xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx has failed. sip:10000@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:62.7.201.169:5060
SIP Server ID: 12294 05/10/2021 1:52:43 PM
  • Trunk L:10000(xxxx.xxxxxxx) has changed status to unregistered. This means that no more calls will pass via this trunk. Please check your network connection and the voip provider or other SIP PBX
SIP Server ID: 4100 05/10/2021 1:52:43 PM
  • Trunk L:10000(xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx) has changed status to registered.
SIP Server ID: 4100 05/10/2021 12:54:37 PM

When it does connect I cannot make outgoing calls but i can receive calls, does anyone have a config guide for 3CX to BT HSIPT?

I have spoken to Daisy who have been some help but I still havent solved the issue.

Thanks in advance.

You might want to contact BT HSIPT to see if they are any help in determining why you are getting the 403 Forbidden; from IP:62.7.201.169:5060 message. Since you are not able to place calls even when connected (I assume registered), their explanation for sending you that message, may lead to what you may have incorrectly configured.

Hi @russywhite

We do have a configuration guide for BT. Here it is: https://www.3cx.com/docs/bt-uk-sip-trunk/
Make sure you have everything setup as per guide and see if you can replicate the issue.
Hi YiannisH_3CX,

I have gone through the guide and it all seems fine, the provider has come back to me and told me that the 10000 is not correct in the registration sip:10000@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx, i have looked through all the instructions and cannot figure out how i can change this, can you help?

Thanks in adavance.

have gone through the guide and it all seems fine, the provider has come back to me and told me that the 10000 is not correct in the registration sip:10000@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx
The 10000 is the internal virtual number of the trunk and its never sent to the provider. If it was the trunk would never register. The error in the PBX contains the internal number to let you know which trunk it is.
You can check the registration messages going to the provider using a packet capture. You can also ask BT if they are seeing the 10000 number reaching them.

Also can you run the firewall checker and let us know if that passes all tests?

Yes the firewall checker passes fine, I will run the packet capture and see what I can find.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
If you are able to receive calls, which you stated in your initial post, then I have to assume that your trunk settings were (at one time) correct, allowing that to happen.

Did your provider tell you that you were attempting to register using 10000, or it was being sent as a part of a call attempt, destination number, or caller ID?

You didn't happen to put 10000 in as the outbound caller ID, in the outbound rule route, similar to what happened with someone else, a short while ago, did you?

The only way I can get it to register is to change the authentication password at the providers end and then on my 3CX, it then allows me for a short period of time to receive calls but i cannot make them.

I got the 10000 off the event log, but as YiannisH_3CX said i need to extract the registration from Wireshark which i am doing.

After a little while the SIP fails and i go back to the 403 Forbidden; from IP:62.7.201.169:5060

My outbound rule is very simple, i strip the 0 off and add +44 to the number, even if i do nothing with the system every so often the SIP just fails.

It sounds to me that you are getting blacklisted for some reason on the providers end and you are no longer allowed to register until you change your password. Wireshark is your best friend here as it will show the communication between the PBX and the provider.

Got it sorted in the end, unbeknown to me my colleague had been playing about with his own 3CX on a virtual machine and kept locking mine out. :-(

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Glad to see you were able to sort out the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.