Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved 3CX and Cisco 8861 - Provision Unsupported Phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Robert Juric, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Juric

I have been able to get a config to load on a Cisco CP8861 and I am able to see it listed on the 'Phones' configuration. It's correctly recognized it as a CP8861, but the MAC says UNPROVISIONED. When I try to add a phone, there is no option for a 8861, or "other".

Is there any way to provision an unsupported phone?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This phone can be provisioned by Asterisk, this generally should mean that you must be able to provision it with suitable template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Robert Juric

Thanks for mentioning the templates. I found the blog article about creating a custom template. I basically copied the Cisco 79xx template and replaced the models. I'm 50% operational now. The phone shows up as registered in 3CX, but it is highlighted red. The phone will ring as part of the ring group for the extension for incoming calls.

However I cannot dial out on the phone. I pick up the handset and get a dialtone, but the first key I press errors out. I'm sure this has to do with the phone config file, but I'm not sure which part to dig into?

Edit, I see the first digit dialed in the 3CX call logs, but I'm not able to complete the dialing process from the phone.

#3 Robert Juric, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. Robert Juric

Ok another strange thing. If I hit the down arrow on the phone phone for a new call, without going off hook. I can enter the full number, hit 'Call' and it rings out successfully.

So its only dialing while 'off hook' that isn't working. Does anyone have any idea on similar phones as to what I could look into?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

6. Robert Juric

That was exactly my problem/fix. For the amount of time I wasted I would have thought it would have been more complicated than that.

Thanks for the find!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.