3CX and Data Base PostgreSql

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by inter-rupteur, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inter-rupteur

Hi everybody,

i have a question about 3CX and PostgreSql ! I want to know if it's possible to migrate data base in another real serveur ? One serveur for 3CX system and one serveur for postgresql : i want to optimize each serveur... I searched something about this on the forum but i can't find this !!

Thanks a lot for your help !
    Inter-Rupteur

2. inter-rupteur

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !! It's Possible !!! It becomes very interesting !!! :mrgreen:
    I will keep you posted.

Inter-Rupteur

3. Henk

Henk Member

Should be doable, change the correct Progress files as they currently point to localhost.

have not tried it but looking at the config files it should be possible, simply not to keen to try it myself at the moment.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Why would you want to do that? Postgres does not take much processor time, is very compact and as such its fine to run it on the phone system server itself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. inter-rupteur

yes it's possible without problem Henk !

for Admin => it's not for that reason, but for Failover ! I want to dissociate db, phonesystem, etc... If the server fails, what can i do : except for my eyes to cry... look at my other post which explains what I want to do :

http://www.3cx.com/forums/about-load-balancing-in-3cx-8966.html

Inter-Rupteur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.