Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx and DECT phones with functional transferring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Hanzz, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanzz

Hello everybody,

please, does anybody have experience with 3cx and DECT system with several (5-15) various handsets ?
    Problem is that:
    Gigaset C470IP doesn't support transferring well (transfer works only from menu and only with original handset, older Gigaset comfort handsets are problem).
    3cx doesn't support transferring via keystrokes (*;#).

Is here any DECT station which would solve it and enable correct SIP transferring but only via some simple keystrokes (R key, stars sequence etc..).. ?
    For example Zyxel 2302HWUDL is DECT base station with SIP server......but there are no information how transfering works on this device.

Thank you for any replay.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What about the flash key, recall button on European sets? That is one way of doing a transfer with an ATA and a standard desk phone.... hook flash.

3. Hanzz

Hi !, thx for answer.
    Flash only works on analogue and ISDN phones, doesnt't it ? I could use my old Gigaset 4170 ISDN DECT bases which supports flash commands, but it means to buy an additional ISDN/SIP router...some Patton for example....is it right ?

I thought ISDN technology is dead, my plan was cancel all older bases except handsest and to have only SIP bases.....is this good idea or not ?
    Thank you for any help...

4. ec268

SNOM M3 maybe your choice ~~

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DECT is simply a cordless technology. Is this a DECT ISDN set or a DECT SIP set? The DECT (cordless phones) I've always used were designed for POTS lines and all have a flash/recall button. When used with an ATA, the flash can be used for transfer. If it's a cordless SIP phone then, it's not something I'm familiar with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.