Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX and FaxBack or any outbound fax solution

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DexDeadly, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexDeadly

Anyone use this setup? If so how did you configure the system? They state its free for just using it as outbound with MS Fax Server. However I do not really see any documentation anywhere for this. Who has this working or what is your best outbound fax solution? Please let me know, I love 3CX and have everything else working wonderfully as well as incoming faxes. This is my last thing I need to setup.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

3cx does not provide an outbound fax solution built in. You would need a Fax Machine and an ATA Adapter...

Alternative: http://www.myfax.com/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You can use most fax machines and fax modems connected to a T.38 compatible ATA along with a T.38 compatible voip trunk. I have this working at several customers. ATA's used Linksys 3102 and Grandstream HT702. VoIP provider Babytel.

I have also tried using T.38 compatible ATA with T.38 compatible FXO (Patton) and not been successful getting faxes to go out (Something with Analog-Voip-Analog doesn't seem to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bardissi

bardissi Member

t.38 or g711 stinks for fax.

We used https with audiocodes adapters.

Works like a charm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.