Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX and faxing with a SPA-3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dvelleux, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvelleux

Folks,

First post here, so please be gentle...

I am preparing to run a phone system in my shop with 3CX and Broadvox as the VOIP provider. I plan on having only two extensions (both SPA-942), plus a fax machine...

I have been told Broadvox is capable of FOIP service. I have a SPA-3102. I want to have a dedicated fax machine (HP LJ3015) attached to the SPA-3102, via the Phone port. The SPA-3102 will be attached to my internal network via the Ethernet port, which in turn will be an extension on the 3CX system...

Will this simple set-up work as I foresee or am I doing something wrong before I even get started? Or what if I wanted to just run a modem in a pc to act as a fax machine, is that able to be done in palce of the dedicated fax?

Thanks in advance...

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you do some searching on this forum you will find that using a fax through 3CX and a VoIP provider or gateway can be hit or miss. No matter whether you are using a computer with a modem or a fax machine via the ATA port on a 3102 the smallest thing can prevent it from working properly. The fact that you have a VoIP provider that supports fax is one step. Do some research both on this forum and the net in general.

3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

This works well for us even on a non t38 capable provider
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.