• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and faxing with a SPA-3102

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvelleux

Reaction score
Folks,

First post here, so please be gentle...

I am preparing to run a phone system in my shop with 3CX and Broadvox as the VOIP provider. I plan on having only two extensions (both SPA-942), plus a fax machine...

I have been told Broadvox is capable of FOIP service. I have a SPA-3102. I want to have a dedicated fax machine (HP LJ3015) attached to the SPA-3102, via the Phone port. The SPA-3102 will be attached to my internal network via the Ethernet port, which in turn will be an extension on the 3CX system...

Will this simple set-up work as I foresee or am I doing something wrong before I even get started? Or what if I wanted to just run a modem in a pc to act as a fax machine, is that able to be done in palce of the dedicated fax?

Thanks in advance...

If you do some searching on this forum you will find that using a fax through 3CX and a VoIP provider or gateway can be hit or miss. No matter whether you are using a computer with a modem or a fax machine via the ATA port on a 3102 the smallest thing can prevent it from working properly. The fact that you have a VoIP provider that supports fax is one step. Do some research both on this forum and the net in general.

This works well for us even on a non t38 capable provider
30rogle.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.