• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx and fortinet firewalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.nigg

Reaction score
hi there,
i finally successed to configure my fortigate (50a, 50b, 60a, 60b) firewall to work with 3cx (explains if nothing has been done yet):
1) update to the last firmware - best v3.0 mr6
2) go to "firewall - protection profile" and make an new profile e.g. "sip"
3) in that profile only activate "voip - sip"
4) goto to "virtual ip" and create an entry named "server sip" with settings "external - static nat - your external stat ip (e.g. 80.120.12.5) - mapped internal ip off 3cx server (e.g. 192.168.1.100) - activate port forwarding - udp external 5060 - map to 5060" and do the same using "tcp" instead of "udp"
5) go to "policy" and add a rule "external - all - internal - 3cx-server (e.g. 192.168.1.100) - always - service SIP and 5090 (for tunnel if used) - accept - protection profile sip"; if you have rules for all incoming, you have to place that rule before, so fortinet uses that rule for 5060 and 5090
6 ) add one more rile "internal - all (or 3cx-server) - external - all - always - service SIP - accept - protection profile sip" and important: place that as first outgoing rule just before e.g. internal-all-external-all-all; so fortinet uses that rule for 5060 and 5090 with protection profile "sip"
normally now it should work - never the less, the firewall test shows errors to me for ports 9000-900x but it works fine ...

remember:
- backup your settings before changing
- and everything on your own risk
sorry!

regards
marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.