3CX and Freephoneline.ca

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ravishshah, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravishshah

Hi all,

I have recently started using 3CX and trying to use different voip providers to test functionality! I have recently got the SIP config file from freephoneline.ca
    I am able to add the voip provider and have is succesfully registered, and can successfully make outgoing calls. I am however not able to receive any incoming calls.
    when checking on frepehoneline portal, it shows connected with user agent 3cx phone system.
    when i dial the number, it rings twice and gets disconnected.

Any guidance/suggestion?
    I also have a voip.ms account and am able to get that working fine. i am able to send/receive calls.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What does the 3CX server logs show (set on verbose) during an incoming call attempt?

3. ravishshah

hi leejor,

thanks for your response! i am new to 3cx, so please bear with me! how do i get the server log (in verbose)

when i look at the server activity log through 3cx phone management, i dont see any activity!
    for outbound i can see call going out, connecting and active... but for inbound no activity.
    is there a more detailed log somewhere?
    thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Down the left hand side there are advanced settings for 3CX, in there (somewhere) are the logging levels, it's probably a good idea to familiarise yourself with what is in those menus. A change might require a restart before the settings to take effect.

If you are not seeing any logs now, on incoming calls, I suspect you won't see a lot more in verbose. It might be a STUN issue. You may be registering with incorrect IP or port information, so they can not reach you when sending a call your way. Your provider may be able to tell you how you are "showing up" at their end.

5. ravishshah

hi lee,
    seems like i got this working! i believe under advanced settings, the local domain was the local ip address. i changed that to the providers domai name, and it seems to work! i have it now configured and working both inbound and outbound.

although another issue (these keep popping up eih :)) i have a cisco 7906 with sip firmware connected to the 3cx system. all works fine, except when dialing externally, i am unable to dial the menu options - like when you call an isp, it says press 1 for residential, 2 for business... when i press 1, nothing happens. it doesnt seem to send the signals?
    i never tried this with the earlier voip account i had, so cant say! i have this set up as a demo enviro at home, so cant test or change anything right now.... but i will be looking at the logs tonight to see if the phone is actually sending those signals, and if hte phone is, why isnt 3cx?
    any ideas/suggestions as to where to look or amend?

Thanks

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That should be where you put in your Domain name, or your DynDNS info. This is so that if a call is sent to you at 2234543@mycompany.com , 3CX wont reject it. If it works right now, great, but if it's not your domain name, you may end up with problems later.

The issue with is the 7906 is probably related to the type of DTMF signalling the phone is set to use. I'm not familiar with those sets but somewhere there will be an option to select the type of DTMF signalling. DTMF is sent out as either an audio signal or one of several types of SIP messages (or a combination). It sounds like your VoIP provider won't accept what you currently have it set for. You may have to try a few variations until it works for you.

7. ravishshah

hi lee,
    the phone is sending dtmf tones, but seems like the 3cx is not recognizing??
    below is the log
    18:34:16.036 [MS211000] C:45.1: 192.168.0.220:24952 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.

any comments?\
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.