3cx and G729 - questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by archie, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX supports G.729 Annex A codec.
    If you do not have voice while using G.729 it (most probably) means that your PBX has received non-stangard codec name in SDP. We can not foresee all possible deviations, so we support only standard (registered by IANA) name for G.729 codec.
    Re "3CX codes" - what exactly do you mean? Dialing codes or what?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Linksys doesnt deliver star codes '*xx' by default. But you can either change it in SPA settings (to allow star codes) or change [DialCodes] section in 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file to some codes that doesn't have * or # in it. For example,
    [DialCodes]
    pickup = 9900

So, to pickup a call just call to number 9900. You will need to restart PBX service after changing dial codes in INI file for changes to be updated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We want to keep this forum clear. And I believe nobody can deny that we have all right to delete any posts that, as we suppose, may lead to confusion of our customers.
    Re "not fair" - not fair is to use "Admin3cx" nickname which may be wrongly supposed to have relation to our company. Not fair is to accuse us in senseless PMs. Personally I didn't send any PMs to user with your nickname for sure, and even if somebody did and you didn't get the sense - it still doesn't mean that our explications doesn't have sense. It may equally mean you're unable to understand.

4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I believe Admin3cx is the user that got his post deleted here, look at the registered date and it's from today(May 2nd 2008), the same day the user wrote the reply.

I'm not an admin, but I must say that I would not accept someone being named Admin3cx...

And what is an admin and a moderator for? it's to manage the forums, they have total right to do what they want here with a post if they judge it's not appropriate.

Personnaly, I think that what 3CX staff write is really comprehensible even if I'm sort of new to SIP and VoIP stuff, so I think most people should understand quite well.

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for the kind words of support, Sacha.

Admin3CX - your account was blocked because obviously you can not use such a nickname. If you are going to create another user account and start again, i urge you to keep your posts polite and to the point. Don't assume you know it all in regards to SIP and VOIP because this is simply not the case. Reasonable questions will get reasonable answers.

Please also keep in mind this is not the place for commercial support question - these require a support account. Thanks for your cooperation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.