• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and IPKall

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami_australia

Reaction score
I know this has been covered a bit and I've spent some time reading but just cannot get it to work. I am receiving the invites form IPKall, but in the 3CX log it says unidentified incoming all, review invite and adjust source identification.

I've tried adding the ip address as a provider and a trunk but still cannot get 3CX to accept this. Please help, what am I missing?

First, make a wireshark capture.
Second, find the invite message in your wireshark and look for the "Request-URI Host Part:_____..."
In this part you gonna see a value that is sent by IPKall.

Third, Now in the management console under source Id select "Match Any Fields".
Fourth, under SIP Field select "To: Host Part"
Fifth: Under "Variable" select "Custom Field"
Sixth: Under Custom Value place the value you found in "Request-URI Host Part:_____..."

Seventh: Click "Add/Update"
Eigth: apply/ok

Go to the server status log, clear it and try another outbound call. The call should be identified correctly by the server

Let us know how this works out

Have you told IPkall to sent the call to an IP address or your Domain?

Andreas, finally got around to following your instructions (hardest part was working out search functions in Wireshark) and it works a treat FIRST ATTEMPT.

Thank you very much.

In Wireshark is very useful to apply a 'SIP or RTP' filter, that helps a lot.

Seems that IPkall can't reach a 3CX extension directly, something related to 'Direct SIP calling' -- I will investigate it.
A workaround is registering an account with Voiptalk for example -- IPkall will forward the call to it and you can further dispatch it in 3CX system.

Regards.

In IPKall, I "send" the call to [email protected], and it rings the ringgroup just fine. Hadn't tried sending it to one extension.

Hi Leejor,

There is some issue with IPkall -- seems not possible to send to any domain or IP address -- I'm not seeing packets coming from IPkall at router. I will investigate it further and post conclusions. The issue is not firewall related.

If possible to send to ring group, it should be also possible to any extension (no 3CX internal reason for not happening, with sure).

Regards,
Orlin

I set it up, and it is working on two different 3CX set-ups, in both cases the calls go to a ringgroup, and both are using a Dynamic DNS service as they do not have static IPs. I may have, but would have to confirm (it's been a while), that I "allowed" calls from the IPKall IP to be accepted by the PBX.

Even if you did not do that you should be seeing an incoming call, that was rejected.

IPKall will even send calls, as a direct SIP call. to an ATA not registered to any provider.

Yes,

I know this -- I used to receive calls on Panasonic TDE SIP trunks without registration (on port 35060), and on 3CX system. On both systems I was able to reach specific extensions or ring groups. For some reason this is not working anymore (stopped about 2 months ago). I have a Cisco 871 router and I'm monitoring the traffic in front of it's WAN port with wireshark. My suggestion is IPkall have 'blacklisted' for some reason my addresses (I have several accounts with IPkall and there are still alive and working, as I implemented a workaround via forwarding IPkall numbers to Voiptalk accounts registered into my 3CX).

All these is strange for me, I will investigate it in details and will post back. I can ping and traceroute the IPkall addresses from my addresses. At least I will forward my IPkall number directly to another 3CX system (my customer's installation) to check.

Regards

eagle2 said:
My suggestion is IPkall have 'blacklisted' for some reason my addresses

I would sort of doubt that, as they make a small amount of money for every call they terminate, more calls to you, more money for them. That's why the service will stop if you don't receive a call every 30 days.

I will further investigate it, it is also very interesting to me -- it could be the router, I suspect, as I can't see the call coming. Still I can see the ping returns when pinging an address of IPkall (as listed on their webpage for firewall configuration).

I thought something happened with my IPkall accounts, as the service stopped suddenly, without having altered the router, etc. I even created new account and still no luck, beside the voiptalk workaround -- the number forwarded there is +1 425 906 5435, my extension is 277.

Nothing happens when trying to forward this directly to 3CX server. The outside caller gets a ring-back tone 'ringing' and that's all. I'm currently away and not able to check it in depth right now.

Regards

I had a look over my IPKall setup last night. I just have the IPKall IP in the trunk settings.

It would seem strange that the call would keep ringing if they are sending to you and getting no response from your PBX. I would have thought that that would trigger some sort of failure message/fast busy to the caller.

Hi Leejor,

the problem with IPkall to 3CX was setting of DID numbers, so I need a dummy inbound rule forwarding DID number 277 to extension 277 in order to receive an IPkall incoming call (or use another existing inbound rule). It seems not possible an extension to be dialed directly (direct SIP call). I have registered now a +1 206 309 2452 number and it is working.

Regards,
Orlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.