• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and Lync Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiastromm

Free User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I pretend to install Microsoft Lync at my Server.

I wanna know if is possible to register Lync clients on 3CX.

I had found this article: http://blog.skinkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Integrating-Microsoft-Lync-2010-and-3CX-Phonesystem-using-Freeswitch.pdf

I have some questions. I need a Skype or another SIP provider to it works?

Why are you wasting your time with Lync -- for me it is a dying platform. MS bought Skype with the idea to have working VoIP solution and will abandon Lync. Even you succeed in using Lync with 3CX, what is the benefit?

The main challenge could be Lync is using TCP protocol, while other IP PBXs tend to prefer UDP protocol.
3CX is supporting Skype SIP trunks (standard SIP trunks) and with older (until 5.3) versions of Skype -- normal Skype accounts (I don't have idea why and whether you may need Skype for integrating Lync).

Regards

Orlin,

I just need the opportunity to chat and make calls.

3CX Softphone don´t offer that. 3CX MyPhone does, but need IE.

Lync can use Active Directory accounts, this is very nice.

Regards.

OK Tobias,

I agree and understand you. I have invested some time in understanding and start using Lync, but I got frustrated and abandoned it. Sorry, I don't want to discourage you. Skype acquisition is something which made me thinking Lync is dead.

3CX server is quite opened and standard as SIP platform. I've managed to integrate it many other IP PBXs, but I don't have experience with Lync. With some PBXs it is also possible to use 3CX bridge.

Kind regards

You can register Lync clients with 3CX directly if you use SImpLync

Take a look of http://www.simplync.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.