3cx and Lync2010/2013 Support?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Robert_Crawford, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert_Crawford

Hello Everyone!

I'm looking into buying 3cx and I have to I love it. We're on the first week of our demo and we've order two yealink phone to continue our testing. We also have our Unified Messaging enabled with Exchange too! But quick question; is there any type of support for Lync 2010 in 3cx? The reason being is that we're a fire department and the fireman have gotten very used to using lync 2010 for power points and etc. I know i saw a post that mentioned a little about using tcp in the Voip Trunk section of 3cx but there was not more information after that?

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

No, I'm afraid no. Also I don't believe Lync will be supported at all.
    May be you can use some Patton gateway for connecting to Lync.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. carolinainnovative

If you do a search for freeswitch, 3cx and lync, you will see someone's homebrew setup using Freeswitch to translate between 3cx and Lync...

Unfortunately, as eagle said - there is unlikely to ever be official - or even unofficial - support. You _CAN_ make it work - but you're largely on your own.

4. bardissi

bardissi Member

Dont waste your time!

5. agorostidi

there is also external commercial add-ons for lync, that allow it to connect to any SIP PBX without the need to install complex architectures or gateways between Lync and 3cx.

Take a look of this demo http://video.simplync.net . You will see a sample of one of this solutions, that includes support for both 3cx and Lync (and it can use advanced 3cx features using his API).

Albert D Jee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.