• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and modern phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
It's great that 3CX now mostly looks after phones for us directr from the console with no faffing about. Except for soft-keys.

BLFs are fine, but the other main reason we find users want soft keys programmed is speed-dials. Esp with expensive phones with lots of buttons. e.g. the Yealink T48. This has a touch-screen with 30 "keys" on it. The problem is that 3CX can configure a button as a custom speed dial, and take the number, but NOT the name. So we have a field of 30 buttons with numbers on them, and no clue as to what the numbers *are*.

The solution is to manually program each T48 from its own web GUI. It's mildly annoying to have to do this. It's infuriating that having done this, 3CX then over-writes the carefully uploaded data with the brain-dead entries from the 3CX console - or with "Blank buttons" if you havn't done any.

Does anyone know if 3CX will address this in future by adding control of the missing field, either by adding a new field to the table, or using a delimiter (e.g. type = "custom speed dial" - value = "01234567890; Pizza Shop" )

Does anyone know if I remove the section of the template XML file that deals with BLFs, the template will still work for everything else and just leave the BLFs as they *are* when it reconfigures the phone?

Removing BLF from template should work fine, I do that here...
As far as Labels - I would post an entry on the Ideas forum.

This is correct in 3cx 12.5 and earlier. In 3CX 14 and up this is resolved.

Under BLF select type of "Custom Speed Dial" and it will ask for "number", "First name" and "Last Name". Since the buttons can only contain a little information before chopping we generally only use "number" and "first name".

3CX will provision the phone with the descriptive name for that button but pressing it will dial the number.

Ah! Thanks Jonathan! I've only had a short time playing with v.14 so far and didn't get to investugate this area. GOod to know!!

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.