3CX and multiple ADSL Lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jd6969, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd6969

The situation I have is as follows:

New site with 20 users to start. Customer wants to use 3CX on a pure Voip setup with all incoming and outgoing calls via the internet. Wanted to use SDSL but it`s not available in the area which leaves us with ADSL2. We won't get enough bandwidht from a single ADSL connection so are looking at multiple ADSL.

My question is, does anyone know if the 3CX system can route calls to multiple ADSL lines? We would like to load balance and split the users between 2 whereby we would have 10 users through ADSL 1 and the remaining 10 through ADSL 2.

Has anyone done this?

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would highly recommend against this. If you know the lines are questionable you are already asking for problems. DSL is almost bad joojoo for VoIP because it is not guaranteed bandwidth and often suffers from latency and jitter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You would need for the routing a router witch understand policy based routing in service.
    Watchguard does it. Here set up a Multi Wan connection with interface overflow.
    is the last call reaching the limt the new call will be send over line 2.

But i have to agree with Kerry, risky...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.