3cx and pbxnsip compared?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 5qg4, Nov 12, 2007.

1. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Since I'm green in SIP. I use over two day for study how to set up pbxnsip. However, I cannot make two extensions for internal communication. No need to say for setup a gateway for PSTN call. The remote support for it needs US100 per hour. Then we give up to use it. After then I source the other one. Lucky, we found 3CX. It also need around fifteen mins to config two extensions for internal communication at initial stage. I believed that pbxnsip should be much more mature than 3CX. But 3CX can be very easy to setup your SIP PBX with in an hour.

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I just got an email from some guy at pbxnsip asking if I wanted to join their partner program. After looking at their pricing 3CX seems better just in that area.
    Sounds like they have some nice features (or better ways to market it) over 3CX in some areas.
    I'm going to check it out just to make sure it isn't better. :)
    If I ever get some free time that is....

3. webguyz

webguyz New Member

Glad to see so much competition in this area. I like the pure software solution because its more flexible. If you buy an appliance and your needs change, your stuck with it and can't grow. You buy the pure software solution and throw it on a VM or low end PC you can do want you want. If something better comes along you just delete the old software and install the new without worrying about hardware.

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Anyone checkout MS Response Point?

Even more competition. Not as much supported hardware so that should limit sales a bit.

5. nexsip

We sell 3CX and pbxnsip.

pbxnsip has a lot better feature set. Core features missing in 3CX are found in pbxnsip. pbxnsip has a linux version.

3CX has a Call Assistant, pbxnsip does not.

As far as marketing goes, I love the free aspect of 3CX and market it. pbxnsip is a cool software app but its more expensive.

There seem to be hundreds of SIP pbx's these days. each that their own strengths and weaknesses.

6. ktikoft

With 3cx for most users the Call Queing type functiosn and call assitant are what set it apart form other SIP based solutions.

Most small-Medium businesses are Windows based at the desktop if not the server.

One of our Drivers was the Windows OS focus of 3cx whereas most other sip solutions are Linux and we do windows to.

The feature set while not complete with release 4 which is in its Alpha test addresses these shortcommings in my opinion.

I looked at about 5 products at the time of choosing 3cx and the coice really came down to Widnwos compatability and Call queung as we were replacing both a PABX and a Call Queuing system whcih cost considerably more 8 years ago.

There is some complaint of Codec support again whcih is being addressed although those compnaining hsoudl be aware that to support the compressed codecs requires more system resources.

I am running 13 extensions with an average live call rate of 5-6 calls at any time on a 3 year old XEON 2.8 whcih is also My RightFax fax server, Exchange 2003 Mail Server, Backup Server and Domain controller with no issues.

7. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hi Matt
    it is very useful hear the comment and comparation with pbxnsip specially that you have arguments about the products

regards