Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx and several nics

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by funnycoder, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funnycoder

Hello, we started using 3pbx several weeks ago. It works perfect, but we have one question.
    We have 3 pbx windows server with 4 nics.
    How can we configer outbound calls to be routed through a cdifferent nics.
    For example.
    3 pbx nic one - 192.168.0.10
    3pbx nic two - 192.168.0.11
    3pbx nic three - 192.168.0.12
    3pbx nic four - 192.168.0.13

We need :
    User 1 outgoing calls should be made throug nic one
    User 2 outgoing calls should be made throug nic two
    User 3 - nic three
    User 4 - nic four

By the way - the operator is same for the all user, so adding static route to operators ip address can not be a solution.

Thanks a lot for any help!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am not sure I understand the question. It seems that you have 3 different servers running 3CX and between the 3 servers there are 4 NICs? "We have 3 pbx windows server with 4 nics."

Can your provide more detail?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think he meant a 3cx server with 4 nics. what would be the point of using a different nic for each user?
    3cx has trouble with more than 1 nic - I do not recommend it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

3CX can work quite well with 2 NICs when one is public and one is private, but to have 4 NICs on the same private subnet is quite ridicoulus.
    Assuming that they all run at 100Mbps ONLY, each card can handlye about 1500 concurrent phone calls (w G711). I think you will need to review your architecure a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

We have run into several problems where multiple NIC's are involved on a 3CX server. Remember that SIP header info has to determine routing & endpoints, so multi-NIC's just make this confusing. Where I had 2 NIC's on a server, I had to disable one to get consistent call connection & quality.
    Keep it simple ...

Graham Hill
    Foxhall Solutions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.