3CX and shopping mall music + PA (Snom PA1?)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abacusadmin, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abacusadmin

Hi

We are looking at rolling out a music broadcast and PA system for a shopping mall. The music would play all the time and be interrupted by announcements on the PA system.

We have Snom phones that we use with 3CX and I know that there is a Snom PA1 that connects to external speakers and amps and designed to be a PA system that integrates with a SIP system.

I know that 3CX doesn't have a line-in 'music on hold' feature anymore. Perhaps I could have a separate non-3CX SIP system that provides music to the Snom PA1 and then have 3CX interrupt the music for announcements.

Has anyone successfully integrated 3CX do this with a Snom PA1 or something similar?

Thanks.

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes, been there done that. I prefer the algo equivalent of the snow pa1, although it costs more ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abacusadmin

Can you tell me the Algo model you used? Also would you be able to give us an overview on how your setup works?

Thanks

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

I prefer the Algo 8301.
    You need an amp that's compatible, but most paging systems already have that. Basically the Algo audio out connects to an audio input on the customers amplifier. The amplifier should have a paging contact that when shorted (or opened) mutes the music. Algo contacts connected to amps paging contact (to stop music).
    You can configure the algo to either be an extension on 3cx (just call the extension to page) or to listen for a multicast.
    It's really very simple ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abacusadmin

Thanks for the info Jason, helps a lot and was along the lines of what I was thinking. Sounds similar to how the PA1 would work as well.

We don't have any existing system or overhead speakers so we would be starting from scratch. Given that we wouldn't be inheriting a legacy analog system then are there opportunities to go digital all the way (PoE speakers?). Sorry but I don't know much about audio technology.

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

It looks interesting:cool:
    The 8188 is a SIP compliant IP ceiling speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and playing background music. The speaker is PoE and does not require an additional amplifier.

A Scheduler for automating the playing and multicasting of WAV files (e.g., bells, tones, announcements, music, etc.), can be easily integrated into the Algo voice paging system using the 8301 endpoint. This device uses the NTP server to synchronize with IP clocks, and is ideal for schools (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare (e.g., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.

Obvious questions: How something similar is not possible with this phone system? Allow higher quality WAV files matching G.722?:oops:

Building a Raspberry-Pi Stratum-1 NTP Server

#6 Sopock, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  7. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Absolutely, go SIP paging all the way then !
    Sopock, what do you mean it's not possible with this phone system ? I use algo units all the time ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.