• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and Skype integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukePBX

Reaction score
Just to inform the community that using 3cx gateway (both 3cx generic pstn gateway and 3cx skype gateway are ok) and siptosis http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_download.php software i have connected skype to 3cx as a gateway so actually i'm able to receive skype calls (to a predefined skype id) as a standard voip call (for example you can route the skype call to a ring group).
Furthermore with a 3cx standard outbound rule i can call predefined skype id as if they are "extensions" eg. 401 calls "skype_id_1", 402 calls "skype_id_2", ecc.

To be completed I asked skype-business for a beta copy of their "voip-to-skype" software but they don't think that I'm an eligible beta tester.

Hi everybody

At this moment we are working to redesign - quite heavily - our gateway for Skype. For those of you already using the current one, if you encountered issues or you have suggestions to improve it, please don't hesitate to post it on this topic, it's a good moment. Configuration, network, calls, hangups, disconnections, hold/transfer/routing, computer/Skype accounts, XP/Vista/UAC, 32/64 bit and so on issues, would be more easily to try to address/prevent them since this early stage of development.

Regards
vali

Hi Vali,

We did some preliminary testing before adding a Skype link to our website so that people can call in that way.

The only initial issue we found was that it wouldn't forward a call to the conference server.

I will let you know if we have anymore problems.

Emmet.

Hi,

I raised a ticket already via the partner support option with my experiences and suggestions over the past 4 weeks. I have had some success with getting it to work when the 3CX PBX are on different subnets.

I would normally try to avoid this scenario but if you are using a Windows Server 2003 or 2008 environment which may not have an audio device you may not have any other option.

This is particularly true if your 3CX PBX is virtualised and/or in a Datacentre. Something that works reliably in this environment would be greatly appreciated. I suspect that my postings together with posts of other users on the mhspot.com web site resulted in some of the functionality that has been added to siptosis over the past month.

If you come up with other requirements I get the impression the author is likely to work with you on these. Please look on the mhspot.com siptosis forums and you'll see exactly why I feel confident in saying this.

Jonathan Hamon

Hi,

Another thought on this with anyone using gizmo5 with OpenSky. One of the options in Opensky is to forward skype calls to your gizmo5 account.

The problem I have with this is the calls appear to come into 3CX as unknown so are rejected at point of being answered.

I mainly raise this here as an alternative way to get the 3CX skype gateway to work in certain environments. It seems to be recognised that the way gizmo5 have implemented things is better than most others.

Jonathan Hamon

Hi Jonathan,

I haven't taken a good look at Gizmo but I might well do now.

Thanks.

Emmet.

zensoftware said:
Hi Vali,

We did some preliminary testing before adding a Skype link to our website so that people can call in that way.
The only initial issue we found was that it wouldn't forward a call to the conference server.
I will let you know if we have anymore problems.

Emmet.
Hi, Emmet
Thanks for your support. We are interested because our new gateway for Skype has nothing to do with SipToSis or java, it's based entirely on - let's say - our technology, and our aim is to make it very lightweight but also much faster, powerful, safer, simpler and easier to use and troubleshoot. You know. And until now it looks quite promising to achieve this 8)

If you like "making-of"s (to add a little spice here): today I was testing the prototype and I had to switch cables, networks, accounts, things like this. Well, at one time, while being just about to "press CTRL-ALT_DEL to logon" on my gateway testing machine, the phone next to me rang - on the display I saw a new caller ID, looking like one of my teamates. Indeed it was, asking me if he can join me to test the gateway. I said "yes, of course, just let me to logon first to configure its Skype account to allow you to call me", and his answer had come as a complete (pleasant) shock for me "To configure - what? I'm already talking to you from my Skype account." 8)

Regards
vali

I found a workaround for installing the Sype gateway on a Virtual machine that has no soundcard (My host is a rack server with Server 2008 and no soundcard).
Skype will not dial out without one, it suggests a USB one, but I didn't want to buy one just to work around this.
I found a program called Virtual Audio Cable. It even supports Skype!
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html#download

I tested with my 3CX Skype Gateway on Server 2003 and it worked PERFECT!

Thanks,
Ed Hammond

sipero123 said:
Hi,

I raised a ticket already via the partner support option with my experiences and suggestions over the past 4 weeks. I have had some success with getting it to work when the 3CX PBX are on different subnets.

I would normally try to avoid this scenario but if you are using a Windows Server 2003 or 2008 environment which may not have an audio device you may not have any other option.

This is particularly true if your 3CX PBX is virtualised and/or in a Datacentre. Something that works reliably in this environment would be greatly appreciated. I suspect that my postings together with posts of other users on the mhspot.com web site resulted in some of the functionality that has been added to siptosis over the past month.

If you come up with other requirements I get the impression the author is likely to work with you on these. Please look on the mhspot.com siptosis forums and you'll see exactly why I feel confident in saying this.

Jonathan Hamon

THANKS SKILL I have been looking for something like this. Any idea what the restrictions are on the free version. 30 bucks is a bit much for it but if it works i pay the money. I had to set up skype on a remote pc and its not working very well. ill give this a try and see how it goes.

The free version of Virtual Audio Cable seems to work fine. All we really need is the audio drivers to be there.
I didn't have to configure anything, skype just picked it up and worked!

On to the next problem.
I found that the Skype clients worked at that point, but I got a "unrecognised identity" error in the skype log when I dialed out on my phone to a landline. (I'm paying for the $2.95/mo unrestricted outbound calling plan to landlines)
I did some googleing and found the answer.

These mappings need to be added to SkypeOutDialingRules.props where 561 on the first one is the local area code:

^([1-9][0-9]{6})$:+1561$1
^([1-9][0-9]{9})$:+1$1
^([0-9]{7,})$:+$1

From what I can see in the logs, it just adds a + to the front of the number.

I found that answer and more help at this page:
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_config_issues.html

Ed Hammond

Skill,

IM sure this is my issue as well. One problem i dotn have a clue what you just said.. anyway to dumb it down a bit :)

rmothers,
The Skype gateway has some config files located here:
c:\Program Files\3CX Gateway for Skype0

Open SkypeOutDialingRules.props with notepad

Mine already had one line and I left that alone and then added these three after it:
^([1-9][0-9]{9})$:+1$1
^([0-9]{7,})$:+$1

The first line above has your local area code (I doubt this matters since my skype account doesn't have a landline number yet)
So if I'm at area code 206 I would change line one and replace 561 with 206:
to
^([1-9][0-9]{6})$:+1206$1

Is that a little clearer?

Ed

Crystal Clear ty

PERFECT ITS WORKING NOW..

However i sometimes get a java error.. oh well ill keep pecking at it ...

Hello everybody !
Last days i am trying to use the Skype gateway via 3CX. I have read the configuration guide at page http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html . I have successfully add 4 Skype accounts to the 3CX PhoneSystem under different windows account with sufficient privileges. I can see the green light at the Skype lines of 3CX but when i am calling from a fifth account of my laptop to the one of the 4 associated with the 3cx, i cannot handle the call. Neither orange light turns on during the call , nor i listen the digital receptionist which i 've associate each skype gateway. During call i can see at the console window the "Ringing " but the call didn't forwarded to the DR. When the call stops to ring , i can see the unanswered call at the Skype program.
I have installed the 3CXSkypeGateway to a different machine than the 3CX PhoneSystem, which machine has installed audio card and sound works perfect. 3CX Phone system is installed at a Virtual (VMWare ESXi) W2k3 SBS server without sound card installed. The version of the 3CX Phone System is v7.1.7139.0
What i am doing wrong ?
If finally , with your help, i will be able to make and receive calls via Skype Gateway, how i will call Skype User ID via 3CX ? Can I put some frequent Skype User ID's to speed dials in my 3CXPhoneSystem ?

Thank you in advance

*** I 've forget to write that the Skype version is v4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.