Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX and Skype newbie

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prod73, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prod73

Hi,

I have a question concerning configuration.

My setup consist of:

-2 Skype accounts each with an online number (unlimited U.S. And Canada on both).
    -Grandtream 2000 phone

-Latest 3cx installed on XP pro.

Skype Gateway Configuration :
    - 1 Master Port, and 4 additional ports under one skype account.
    3cx Configuration:
    - 4 extensions (2 personal- 1 support - 1 sales)
    - 5 Outbound rules
    - 1 Digital Receptionist

So far I can make calls and receive calls.

What I am trying to accomplish:

-2-3 concurrent incoming calls (right now if two calls come in at the same time they both get disconnected or a message not allowed please contact your admin).

I have viewed and read many tuts but can't seem to find the information.

Thanks-
    Paul

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Paul

To accomplish what you want using actual configuration, I suggest you only to set different "anonymous" skype accounts for the 4 additional channels, let's say dummy01... dummy04. In this way, the "public" skype account remains the actually one, but only for master. Any incoming call to it will be then "routed" to any free additional channel, so then to its corresponding extension.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prod73

Thanks for the reply.

Do this dummy skype accounts have to have an online number subscription so calls made by mobile or land work?

Hope this makes sense.

Paul

4. justinjaustin

I have tried setting this up with an additional skype account for outgoing calls. When I make an outgoing call on the 2nd actually account it works. Then when I get an incoming call on the 1st real account, if the skype master sends it to the line I'm making an outgoing call on it disconnects both of them. Is there a way to set the skype master not to try to ring incoming calls on certain accounts. I have read a lot on here and can't seem to find a way to get this to work.

Again I have 1 registered skype account for incoming calls, with 3 dummy accounts 0,1,2, and 3.

I have a 2nd registered skype account for outgoing calls.

Every time I get an incoming call, the skype master rotates the incoming call between my 3 dummy accounts and my other outgoing account. If I'm in a call on my outgoing account, it disconnects both calls.

Thanks,

Justin

5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Justin

Quite strange this behavior, since for gateway there is no master + dummies + outgoing, but only master + "slaves" :roll: I will check this.
    However, since I don't have your tracelogs, I suggest you to do a simple checking: in the PBX Management Console, be sure that for all corresponding PSTN lines you unchecked the "Support replaces" and "Support Re-Invites" (is not necessary to restart the gateway).

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. justinjaustin

I'm not quite sure what your saying here, but I did make sure that those two boxes were not checked.

I have since tried setting up two gateway trucks, one for incoming, one for outgoing.

I have unchecked "allow incoming calls" on my outgoing skype account in the "other options" settings for those ports.

Everytime I get an incoming call, the skype master still rotates the calls through, and every 4th call still interrupts a call I have on an outgoing line, even though it is set not to receive incoming calls. It disconnects the outgoing call I have in progress, and the incoming call gets an error, because that line doesn't accept incoming calls. I can't quite seem to figure out how to make the skype master not ring this account, and just rotate through the other 3 accounts.

7. justinjaustin

Here is my gateway:

The first one port 10000 is incoming master: stin
    10001 is dummy 1 - stin1(skype account)
    10002 is dummy 2 - stin2(skype account)
    10003 is dummy 3 - stin4(skype account)

Then I have my outgoing ports: These are 3 of the same skype account. It does allow me to make multiple outgoing calls, and the server knows to route all outgoing calls through these accounts.
    10010 is outgoing 1 - stin3(skype account)
    10011 is outgoing 2 - stin3(skype account)
    10012 is outgoing 3 - stin3(skype account)

My problem is: When I have an outgoing call in progress on port 10010, 10011, or 10012, I then get an incoming call on 10000 which is forwarded through the skype master to 10002. Everything works fine.

Then, the same scenario, except the next call is routed to 10002, then 10003. Everything still works fine.

I disconnect all calls except the outgoing call is still in progress.

I receive an incoming call. This time, the skype master forwards it to 10010, 10011, and 10012 and they all ring, disconnecting my outgoing call, even though it shows that it was in a call.

My question: How can I make the skype master not forward calls to this skype account. I just want this one for outgoing calls. I would like the skype master to just rotate between the first 3 skype accounts. If this is not possible, is there a way to get this master to not override a call in progress??

Attached Files:

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Justin

I understand now.

Well, first answer: no, it's not possible to exclude some "slave" channels from "master"'s list.
    Then, second answer: for your configuration, I would recommend you to set different skype accounts for each "outgoing" channel (let's say stin3, stin 5, stin6) BUT edit these Skype accounts and set their friendly name the same, let's say "Justin" (Skype menu Skype/Profile/Edit Your Profile..., Full Name field, then Update button). In this way, no matter through which channel you will make outgoing calls, callees will see an incoming call from Justin.

Hope it helps. Regards
    vali

9. justinjaustin

OK Sounds Good.

But when I'm in an outgoing call on 3, 5, or 6 and get an incoming call it still rings in on the skype account I'm in a call on and disconnects them both, hanging up my outgoing call and the incoming call that came in.

Shouldn't the master not send an incoming call to an account that is in use and says in the "Skype Status" that it is in use when there are other accounts available to take the incoming call?

Thanks,

Justin

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please paste here (or send to me by PM) master channel's and service's tracelogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.