3CX and Snom ring tone question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MichaelD, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelD

Hello to all...

Does anyone else use Snom phones with 3CX?

I am trying to figure out how to set line-specific ring tones. For example, when line 1 rings, one ring tone plays - but when line 2 rings, a different ring tone plays.

Is this possible?

MichaelD

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Michael,

Most Snom's with the latest firmware can do it, have a look at the screen shot Ive submitted from the interface of a Snom 370, you are able to set the ring tone per line. This can also be done from the snom by going to settings> Preferences > Ringtone. And you can select the various line and set the ringtone accordingly.

Hope this helps :!:

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MichaelD

Hello Mark; thanks for the reply.

I'm confused, though. That screen shot is of the Identity setup page, which implies that you are suggesting setting up multiple identities. Should I be setting up more than one identity per phone with 3CX? I am only using one.

By the way, I probably should have been more clear. By "lines" I was referring to incoming PSTN lines via the Patton Gateways. When calls from those lines ultimately ring through to the phones, I'd like to have different ring tones for them.

MichaelD

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, this is not possible, or rather it is not implemented as a function by 3CX also the phone would have to have this feature implemented also. But there is a workaround that comes to mind which is fairly simple or complex depending how your routing rules are.

The snom can take multiple identity, make 3 extension besides the main and also register them to the phone. According to the incoming line route it to the correct extension.

So if line 1> Que 1> Main ext.
    line 2 > Que 2> ext 2
    Line 3> Que 3> ext 3

I can understand its not the simplest or most convenient of methods but if its a necessity, then you can get away with doing this.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelD

Oh, multiple extensions per phone. Yeah, that will work just fine. Thanks! :)

MichaelD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.