• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX and SPA9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferry

Reaction score
Hi there.

Is it possible to connect with the linksys SPA9000 to the 3CX (Ore the 3CX to the SPA9000)
I like to get rid of the SPA9000 but I need to use the 2 FXO ports. Nothing else.
OK I can buy an couple 3102 or so, but this one is still in my pocket.
Is here an solution?

Thank you.
Ferry

<guess>
I'd think that you should be able to set it up as two generic sip providers in 3cx.
</guess>

Mick.

Good luck

I also have a SPA 9000 and I never had a clear answer if I can use and how
I am still interested to know

Ferry said:
Hi there.

Is it possible to connect with the linksys SPA9000 to the 3CX (Ore the 3CX to the SPA9000)
I like to get rid of the SPA9000 but I need to use the 2 FXO ports. Nothing else.
Is here an solution?

Thank you.
Ferry

Hi Ferry,

I thought I'd go and take a look at the manual for the 9000 to see if I could offer any specific advice on how to get your 2x FXO ports connected. What I discovered when reading the fantastic manual (rtfm) is that the 9000 doesn't appear to have any FXO ports. The manual claims that it has 2x FXS ports.

At the risk of sounding patronising (not my intention);
FXO = port for connecting telephone line (socket on the wall) to make and receive calls via a traditional telco
FXS = port to connect to an analog telephone handset

Is there an earlier version of the 9000 that contains fxo ports?

If the 9000 contained a couple of fxo ports then I'd say it would be worth trying to configure it with 3cx. For 2x fxs ports I'd suggest ebay. While it's probably possible to configure the 9000 to connect 2x handsets to your 3cx system, I'd doubt that it's worth battling against it for this.

Mick.

PS: If you also have an spa-400 then it's possible to get this working (though the setup wasn't intuitive) with 3cx. I'd not recommend purchasing one for this purpose as it's not a supported device but if you have one already it can be made to go.

You can not use an SPA9000 with 3Cx. You need to use a supported and tested VoIP gateway......Grandstream has them for as little as $249.

mickp said:
Ferry said:
Hi there.

Is here an solution?

Thank you.
Ferry

Hi Ferry,

I thought I'd go and take a look at the manual for the 9000 to see if I could offer any specific advice on how to get your 2x FXO ports connected. What I discovered when reading the fantastic manual (rtfm) is that the 9000 doesn't appear to have any FXO ports. The manual claims that it has 2x FXS ports.

At the risk of sounding patronising (not my intention);
FXO = port for connecting telephone line (socket on the wall) to make and receive calls via a traditional telco
FXS = port to connect to an analog telephone handset

Is there an earlier version of the 9000 that contains fxo ports?

If the 9000 contained a couple of fxo ports then I'd say it would be worth trying to configure it with 3cx. For 2x fxs ports I'd suggest ebay. While it's probably possible to configure the 9000 to connect 2x handsets to your 3cx system, I'd doubt that it's worth battling against it for this.

Mick.

PS: If you also have an spa-400 then it's possible to get this working (though the setup wasn't intuitive) with 3cx. I'd not recommend purchasing one for this purpose as it's not a supported device but if you have one already it can be made to go.

MickP, you are right it is'nt an double FXO port on the SPA9000 but an double FXS ports.
It was the idea to connect 2 analog telephone's to the 3CX.
you are right, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.